TR6 Front and Rear Wing Fitting

This 8 mm butyl black bead strip is what I have used in the past.

It used to be supplied by Triumph for panel fitting on TR7   It was on the roll and made by 3M

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282259968136

F17B1BE4-A838-47CA-B6F3-1E44AAF86F2D.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
On 11/19/2021 at 2:39 PM, stuart said:

I use 3M non setting screen sealer part number 08509.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, does that stuff take paint or do you leave it’s native colour and just clean off the excess with petrol or something?

15 hours ago, TRier said:

Hi Stuart, does that stuff take paint or do you leave it’s native colour and just clean off the excess with petrol or something?

No dont overpaint, clean off excess with spirit wipe. for the top deck join on the rear wings I like to fit the early wing beading as it finishes the join nicer. Item no 38 here TR6

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

No dont overpaint, clean off excess with spirit wipe. for the top deck join on the rear wings I like to fit the early wing beading as it finishes the join nicer. Item no 38 here TR6

Stuart.

We used to sell the MGB wing bead as an alternative for TR6.  Smaller section than the TR stainless item 

https://mgbhive.co.uk/product/23-mgb-wing-beading-per-foot/

1 hour ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

We used to sell the MGB wing bead as an alternative for TR6.  Smaller section than the TR stainless item 

https://mgbhive.co.uk/product/23-mgb-wing-beading-per-foot/

Many many years ago rather than remove the wing to replace rotten sections where that went on an MGB I made it up in lead, once properly filed up and painted you couldnt tell the difference.

Stuart.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Stuart.

I think I’d like that approach. I’m a ways off that level of detail but the reason I asked was if one was going to use that beading should I have it to hand and use it when test fitting the quarters for the purposes of B pillar, deck and door alignments for example? Or is test fitting with the bare quarter going to be OK when subsequently fitting  as finished using the beading?

Thanks for the advice by the way.

1 hour ago, TRier said:

I think I’d like that approach. I’m a ways off that level of detail but the reason I asked was if one was going to use that beading should I have it to hand and use it when test fitting the quarters for the purposes of B pillar, deck and door alignments for example? Or is test fitting with the bare quarter going to be OK when subsequently fitting  as finished using the beading?

Thanks for the advice by the way.

You could though TBH the wing to deck side join is never that close anyway and the beading fixing strips are very thin and fit well between the wing bolts.

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 579.jpg