Ram-2.jpg.976fb32a39cc8ec4af4cd90ffab97680.jpg
Some work required on my TR2 frame, left hand side (frame is upside down).

Ram-1.jpg.fd0eda29dce9532c9f920e43476d534a.jpg

Right hand side, even worse.

Ram-3.jpg.8707cc5c1240bed57dda65b12cd6d0a8.jpg

Middle section also need some work!

Ram-5.jpg.a4475e0520ed830906335b6a36516039.jpg

Front section, welding has begun, will soon be ready!
I  will use a laser level tool to measure that the frame is within acceptable measurements. The workshop manual has a very good drawing with all measures. When the frame is finished I hope to have learned how to TIG weld, that will be useful with the body work.

Edited by TS528L
Spelling mistake

The translation to cm (mm) is already complete. I used Excel and put every imperial values and multiplied with 25,4 and then printed the result on adhesive paper. A small knife and 30 minutes of work, all values in mm. If anyone is interested in this I could scan the result and make a A3 size pdf.

Gunnar 

At the risk of teaching grandma etc….Having in the past carried out similar welding on an Austin Healey frame, admittedly using arc welding and not TIG, you need to be careful not to put too much heat in at once and distort it. 

Rgds Ian

I know that I have cut away a lot of material, but the frame was repaired a very long time ago, around 1965, and this was done with gas welding. So when I measured the frame I found that it was bent and also somewhat twisted. My plan is to very carefully replace small sections at a time while I will measure with the laser beam as a reference. I also have a 10 ton porto power tool that I already have used to straighten one side of the rear frame section. So with a lot of patience and care it should be possible to get a good frame as a result.

14 hours ago, TS528L said:

The translation to cm (mm) is already complete. I used Excel and put every imperial values and multiplied with 25,4 and then printed the result on adhesive paper. A small knife and 30 minutes of work, all values in mm. If anyone is interested in this I could scan the result and make a A3 size pdf.

Gunnar 

When repairing early frames I blow up the chassis diagram from the workshop manual to A1 size and then print out the composite across lots of A4 sheets and stick them all together then stick it up on the wall so its there at a glance, makes life a lot easier.

Stuart.