Hi Ron

You could pin-punch in several spots the inner faces of the sleeve if you can get at them to create a dimpled surface, or take out the pinch bolt, bend the clamp faces inwards, then reclamp, or both.

I wonder if your choke/ jet mechanism is too tight to move at the carburettor?

Is the choke stiff to operate?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,thanks for the reply, I decided to take it all apart rather than a*se about and try a quick fix of just trying to tighten the pinch bolt. On the bench I could see the ends were bent about a bit but I noticed at the front side was a slight bend in the metal (obvious now I actually looked at it properly :unsure:) which would reduce the hole to allow just the inner cable through. Blowlamp , a bit of bending, jobs a goodun.

Regards

Ron

• 7 months later...

(TR3A, SU carbs) Over many years, I also have trouble with the outer choke sleeve popping loose from the metal "finger" clamp. I have tried replacing the clamp, and placing a small wrap of tin around the sleeve to gain tightness.  Finally, today, I put a hose clamp on the choke sleeve connector.  This seems to be the best solution so far, but it sure violates my esthetics.  ha.  Anyone have an answer to the outer sleeve coming out of the clamp?

ps- Picture was taken with a sheet of rubber behind picture to make picture clearer.

IMG_20220712_100159082~2.jpg