Anyone fancy building an App?

A friend of mine was showing me his new car the other day, its a Tesla, now can't say I like the look of the thing or even sitting in it, a bit soulless for me, but what I did find brilliant is that the IPAD thing that passes for a dashboard has an app loaded on it that shows the location of all the charging stations. Was thinking that it would be really useful to have an app on your phone that would show the location of all petrol stations that supply E5.

My local station has only ever sold 'vin ordinaire' (at 'vin extraordinaire' prices:ph34r:) sure there must be a lot of local service stations that do the same thing. Just thinking it would be nice to know where to go to get 'the good stuff' 

Anyway if anybody is clever enough to do it and make a fortune in doing so you can have that one on me, perhaps the FOBHVC might be interested it does sort of fit with their 'mission statement'

ATB Graham 

1 hour ago, Phil Read said:

There is one. Its called Petrol Prices you down load the app to your phone. I used to use it to find LPG stations. It does Diesel, unleaded and super unleaded. It shows the nearest station/s and comparative prices.

Thanks Phil didn’t know about this will get it downloaded 

Graham - as you are in Aylesbury, best to purchase the top grade of Esso which, although the pump will be labelled E5, according to informed sources on this Forum, will not contain any Ethanol.

I am fortunate in that there's an Esso station on the Long Crendon road just off the Thame bypass.

Ian Cornish

Ian - be aware that if the Esso garage is a franchise operation, whilst it may be branded as Esso, apparently a lot of them buy, legitimately, non Esso fuel so the 99 Octane, whilst it will be 99 octane, will probably not be ethanol free. You need to check with them whether they are supplied by Esso tankers or not.

You need to find an Esso managed site to be confident that the 99 octane premium fuel is indeed ethanol free if it's in the right part of the country

Cheers Rich

1 hour ago, ianc said:

Graham - as you are in Aylesbury, best to purchase the top grade of Esso which, although the pump will be labelled E5, according to informed sources on this Forum, will not contain any Ethanol.

I am fortunate in that there's an Esso station on the Long Crendon road just off the Thame bypass.

Ian Cornish

Yes was in there yesterday topping up BUO at £1.70 a litre :o

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Yes was in there yesterday topping up BUO at £1.70 a litre :o

for our US cousins that about $6.30 a US Gal.

5 hours ago, Hamish said:

for our US cousins that about $6.30 a US Gal.

Just for comparison US National Average

Regular 87                   Mid-Grade 89        Premium 91/92

Current Avg.$3.411                            $3.760                            $4.035

Nevada average ranges $3.90 to $4.40 approximately. Add about $0.50 for California although saw $6.50 in small desert town on the I-40 near the Arizona state line.

Simon