Did you not watch the Sao Paulo GP, Conrad? 

Over a 'sprint' race the day before, and 70 laps yesterday, Hamilton showed why he is - maybe! - the greatest F1 champion ever.     I say that as a Fangio fan - I never saw him drive, but his record speaks for itself - and so does Hamilton's.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/video.race-highlights-2021-sao-paulo-grand-prix.1716436587635411668.html

One has to ask if Verstappan wasn't very lucky not to be penalised after going completely wide, way off the racing line and way over the track limits, when Hamilton first went for a pass on lap 48 (3 mins into the above video).       The Stewards took the view, I think, that no harm was done, luckily and thanks to LH's quick reactions, and that he would have another chance at Verstappen, so let them race!          Got us a truly memorable race!

JOhn

Personally I feel that giving Max the "nothing wrong" verdict simply encourages bad behaviour for all drivers.

A summons to the stewards after the race with the threat of a grid penalty next time out would have left all drivers with a clear message, and have caused Max to consider his actions before the stewards. Even if no penalty had been given the message would have been sent that actions likley to cause an accident would be frowned on.

Alan

i enjoyed it very much

personally i hope Lewis get No. 8

and it makes for a close season as they were say in some years it would have been decided by now !

Yes amazing drives .

But the stunning speed of his car the on saturday sprint was suspicious.Just look at the overtakes . Did not seem to be there so much on sunday as highlighted by Perez fasted lap.

Roy

10 minutes ago, roy53 said:

Yes amazing drives .

But the stunning speed of his car the on saturday sprint was suspicious.Just look at the overtakes . Did not seem to be there so much on sunday as highlighted by Perez fasted lap.

Roy

New tyres and low fuel Roy

Several times in the race, he overtook someone on the first corner, just by being able to enter the corner a lot faster than they.   He can maintain his speed longer into a corner, brake later, and still have unearthly car control, in ways that others do not.

But he is a strange man.  Did you see the intro to the Channel4 highlights?     He is keen to get children interested in engineering (who isn't?) and four were invited to the UK's Mercedes HQ.     No idea how they were chosen.      They didn't know they were going to meet LH, and were introduced to someone in thw workshops as the man who would tell them about the car.       He was disguised in a full(er than usual) beard and a full latex face job, but he couldn't keep up the pretence for long, and freaked the kids out by pulling off his face!    The man has seen too many Tom Cruise "Mission Impossible" films!

John 

PS Just found it on YouTube!  WEird!

3 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

Personally I feel that giving Max the "nothing wrong" verdict simply encourages bad behaviour for all drivers.

A summons to the stewards after the race with the threat of a grid penalty next time out would have left all drivers with a clear message, and have caused Max to consider his actions before the stewards. Even if no penalty had been given the message would have been sent that actions likley to cause an accident would be frowned on.

Alan

Maybe the stewards saw Max’s steering wheel angle was applied as it should be and he just slid wide because of excess speed ?

As for Hammy I think “an aggregation of small increases” is at work. A new engine with only 3 more races… they are good odds “ screw another 2000 revs out of the unit” and the broken slat on the Mercedes was straight out of the Kastner infamous “ bendable TR6 front spoiler play book. A broken part that gives an advantage can’t be blamed on the race team, well the stewards saw through that one and Mercedes suffered for it. Which leaves exactly what did Mercedes do on the handling to get the speed increase, ? Verstappen thinks it’s  something on the rear spoiler which is why he handled it walking past it  in the pits, a £43, 000 fine but Red Bull will pick that up. By now Red Bull will have interrogated their quislings on the technical panel and will either sport the same mod at the next race or try to get it banned. Also probably the most important improvement was to Hammy,… he believes again…exciting.

Mick Richards

27 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

Several times in the race, he overtook someone on the first corner, just by being able to enter the corner a lot faster than they.   He can maintain his speed longer into a corner, brake later, and still have unearthly car control, in ways that others do not.

But he is a strange man.  Did you see the intro to the Channel4 highlights?     He is keen to get children interested in engineering (who isn't?) and four were invited to the UK's Mercedes HQ.     No idea how they were chosen.      They didn't know they were going to meet LH, and were introduced to someone in thw workshops as the man who would tell them about the car.       He was disguised in a full(er than usual) beard and a full latex face job, but he couldn't keep up the pretence for long, and freaked the kids out by pulling off his face!    The man has seen too many Tom Cruise "Mission Impossible" films!

John 

PS Just found it on YouTube!  WEird!

Enjoyed that John, thanks for the link.

Pete