What to think about… these poly coil rings?

Dear all

During the body off restoration I have fitted these polyurethane rear spring insulator rings during chassis build up. The car has never been driven, just rolled a few meters back and forth by hand in the workshop. The body has just been reunited with the chassis. The rings now seem to deteriorate spontaniously. The material has turned very hard and it breaks up with the slightest touch of my hand! What are your thoughts on this? Yes, they were ordered (maybe two years ago or so) at one of the well known UK suppliers, but I can’t remember the manufacturer/brand. Most importantly, which ones do I re-order now that are better and safe?

Many thanks

Jeroen

Belgium

B82FE0D4-2C72-42A5-9595-BACCBFC59EAA.jpeg

Edited by JTY
typos
  • JTY changed the title to What to think about… these poly coil rings?
4 hours ago, JTY said:

Dear all

During the body off restoration I have fitted these polyurethane rear spring insulator rings during chassis build up. The car has never been driven, just rolled a few meters back and forth by hand in the workshop. The body has just been reunited with the chassis. The rings now seem to deteriorate spontaniously. The material has turned very hard and it breaks up with the slightest touch of my hand! What are your thoughts on this? Yes, they were ordered (maybe two years ago or so) at one of the well known UK suppliers, but I can’t remember the manufacturer/brand. Most importantly, which ones do I re-order now that are better and safe?

Many thanks

Jeroen

Belgium

B82FE0D4-2C72-42A5-9595-BACCBFC59EAA.jpeg

A poor quality polymer has been used? Have these spring insulators being stored by electric motors or strong sunlight?

Bruce.