Rear Wheel Arch Liners

Hi Troops - Betty hopes to be out of hospital for Christmas so if you spot a blue 4A whizzing about over the holiday it might be me, can’t wait! Got passenger side footwell, inner sill and B post plus final paintwork to go…

My engineer is keen for me to have rear wheel arch liners fitted and I have been reading up on previous forum posts. He has already fitted new front wheel arch lining plates.  I found a 2013 post that mentions Honeybourne Mouldings, as the writer says, a lot cheaper than Revington that most people recommend. Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations before I order?

As Always, Many Thanks for your support

Christine

Ok, so initially I went with the Honeybourne liners on the basis of cost, however I could not get the rears to fit, the moulding just wasn't right. Eventually they agreed to a refund and I went back to Revingtons and got a set from them which do fit really well. I don't know if Honeybourne might have managed to sort the problem but that was my experience

Best Regards

David

18 minutes ago, Andy Moltu said:

Put a set on the 6 over 20 years ago whenJerry Vincent was making them.

Who makes the best ones these days as am planning to fit to the 4A.

Revingtons bought Jerrys moulds and they are a good fit though not cheap, they are model specific whereas the Honeybourne are generic fit all.

Stuart.

Ha Ha Richard :lol:  - Gosh, this is difficult, I don’t know how much the 250 wheel arch differs to the 4A…

Thank you so much for all your input, think I will have to ask my bank manager :rolleyes:

Reading through comments again I think I can surmise that although  Honeybourne are generic they suit the 250 best.  My engineer happens to have a TR6 in the workshop so he's going to compare the wheel arches tomorrow.  I am leaning towards Revington, will give them a call to see if they will sell me rear only as front arch restore work now completed.

thank you all 

12 hours ago, aleda said:

Reading through comments again I think I can surmise that although  Honeybourne are generic they suit the 250 best.  My engineer happens to have a TR6 in the workshop so he's going to compare the wheel arches tomorrow.  I am leaning towards Revington, will give them a call to see if they will sell me rear only as front arch restore work now completed.

thank you all 

I would fit a full set and have done with it, they do a set for a 4a anyway and yes they do need slight fettling to suit each car and as Neil says there are scribed lines round them which are a pretty good guide to where they need to be trimmed. I fit them with rivnut mountings so they can be easily removed if required, it also means you cant see from the inside theyre fitted as I have seen ugly screw ends or rivets up through the arches under the bonnet.

Stuart.

When I designed them I used a rubber moulding to seal against the wing. The moulding was very expensive. If honeybourne are making bootleg copies at significantly cheaper price I would assume there is no seal. That assumes Revington continued with the sealing arrangement.

The inner wheelarch of the 5 & 6 are the same, outer profile is different. I assume the 250 would be the same. The 4A is slightly different (seatbelt mountings in wheelarch at rear and no servo at front).

They will always need fettling as each car is different. Some people just stick them on, they are quite a close fit.

Sorry Bob, never got around to doing them for sidescreen cars, partly because I have never had one.

Jerry 

53 minutes ago, jerrytr5 said:

When I designed them I used a rubber moulding to seal against the wing. The moulding was very expensive. If honeybourne are making bootleg copies at significantly cheaper price I would assume there is no seal. That assumes Revington continued with the sealing arrangement.

Jerry 

Revingtons do indeed supply a seal with their sets.

Stuart.

47 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

Yes Stuart, at almost three times the price of the same extrusion from Woolies (R1505). That got up my nose!

Tim

Reassuringly expensive ;):lol::lol::lol:

Stuart