after 50+years i am now the proud owner of an american import 1960 tr3a. my love of the tr3 came from my fathers love of sports car,s,being a young passenger in healey,s jaguars mg,s etc,weekends were spent valeting,and scrubbing the wire wheels, my reward being a drive around the b-roads watching my dad double-declutching,and talking me through how to handle a "tr",and thinking i was "biggles" in my ww1 fighter cockpit!!!! although long gone he is still fondly remembered as "mac the barber" with the tr!!!! (he was a hairdresser),at his funeral he had a tr3 wreath made and placed on his coffin sprayed brg of course. family commitments rightly always came first until now with them all grown up,i have never wanted a restored tr,but an oily rag i can use and abuse,the spa white tr i own,"wow" that word "own",is having a r+p conversion as we speak,and all interior panels remade by my self, just finished rhd dashboard which was converted from lhd,also glove box lid,a little fettling and now its a rhd lid,  on order a set of wires and whatever i need to get out driving asap,yippee!!! i no longer have to look in the mirror to look at the only tr i possesed,a tattood tr3,brg veh reg tlr510 on my shoulder blade,this reg being my dad,s favorite tr,when mines roadworthy i,ll be taking a spin to the crematorium to show the old man,"look what i got dad"!!!!! 

image.png

Edited by phil farnden

Phil,

Nice line:

"my dad's favorite tr, when mines roadworthy i'll be taking a spin to the crematorium to show the old man,"look what i got dad"!!!!! 

I reckon quite a few of us would love to show our dad's our cars.  If only we could.

Good luck getting it up and running.

Bob

12 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Phil,

Nice line:

"my dad's favorite tr, when mines roadworthy i'll be taking a spin to the crematorium to show the old man,"look what i got dad"!!!!! 

I reckon quite a few of us would love to show our dad's our cars.  If only we could.

Good luck getting it up and running.

Bob

cheers bob