Bonnet bracing insulating/packing suggestions please.

I am aware of the use of the original felt material.
As there are a varying thicknesses of spaces for packing/insulating, I am looking for a product to put between the main bonnet panel and the bracing.

IMG_1409.JPG

TIGASEAL also works well and is flexible, but effectively glues the panel together so has to be cut out if you want to remove it. Easy to apply with a caulking gun and can be trimmed with a knife.

I repaired and secured 5VC’s bonnet with this stuff - it has an aluminium skin and steel internal reinforcement panels so prone to vibration damage if not supported, much more so than a bonnet with a steel skin.

Regards

Tony

On 11/6/2021 at 8:42 PM, TR4Tony VC said:

TIGASEAL also works well and is flexible, but effectively glues the panel together so has to be cut out if you want to remove it. Easy to apply with a caulking gun and can be trimmed with a knife.

I repaired and secured 5VC’s bonnet with this stuff - it has an aluminium skin and steel internal reinforcement panels so prone to vibration damage if not supported, much more so than a bonnet with a steel skin.

Regards

Tony

Is this the product?   Made by U Pol

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-and-body-repair/fillers-and-preparation/tigerseal-black-310ml-140198.html

I used the felt from Woolies and it worked very well. I used various thicknesses of felt to create different varying thicknesses and stuck them together using Woolies contact adhesive. Felt is held in place just by compressing it whilst fitting it. When fitted it looked perfect and any vibration was sorted.

Cheers 

Tim

Yes it’s a upol product - easy enough to get