Can anyone provide information on this badge. It has been on the glove compartment door since day one. I have had no luck in America. No luck in the TR6 forum. So I am now trying on a broader basis.

grafik.png.c9481e97cdb2024366cec977af4e087a.png

Peter 

I see that you have tried the US of A

but have taken the Liberty to ask here

https://www.britishcarforum.com/community/threads/triumph-usa-car-badge-id.124277/

Edited by Hamish

No I did not know there was a Canadian correspondent.

RKG I have had a very rough look but it seems unlikely if it will help.

It must be known somewhere in California as it was on this American car. Inside the door panel was a visiting card from a Mr Wong's garage San Fransico, California. I checked with google it does not exist anymore it is now a testing station

2 hours ago, Peter Douglas Winn said:

No I did not know there was a Canadian correspondent...

We have a couple of forumites living in Canada, @Peter Douglas Winn. @TorontoTim is a forum technical officer and moderator living in Ontario, and @graeme lives in British Columbia.

I've posted it on the "Triumphs List" listserv run informally by Mark Bradakis, which is mostly US and Canada based.  We'll see if anyone has any insight.

At least I am happy to see this is a badge from a club that is no longer known. I have been trying to find out what it is since the International in Stafford. Years ago.

I have never found out who was the American owner. As the car was imported to Germany the persons that imported it threw the number plates papers etc away. Plus all the trimmings. God knows why. The trimmings costed a bomb to get them replaced.

The American owner had kept it according to American standards in good conditon. For us, it was a bucket case.

e.g It had had a paint shop job done. Quality OK but the coloured paint was all over the wiring it took about 2 weeks with Carbontet. to make out the colour coding. The front right hand side under the headlamp had had a bash. (fire Hydrant???) They had drilled holes in the metal put on a lot filler, of which enough got squashed through the holes to hold this amount of weight in place. Instead of an axle mounting stud a piece of scaffolding and a long bolt were inplace. On the other side the spark cables were all numbered. The Emmision system was perfect. So what should one say?

Thanks for the tag, Don. 

Peter, I asked among our local club members and showed the picture, one of them has found this advert in a copy of "Car And Driver" from 1975.

Not sure it helps but at least the club did exist.

Cheers

Graeme

1612374172_1975CarandDrivermagazineadvert.jpg.1e10472a8fbe58bb49cc53945125da12.jpg

Well spotted, Graeme!  I've found only one online reference to the club name, in a long-archived newsletter of a local MG club (in my city, of all places), with no further information.

The request I put out on the "Triumphs list" email listserv didn't get a single reply.

It's a pretty obscure club badge , I'd say. 

Graeme

That's interesting. It seems that it was a Californian club. Perhaps very local. The badge on my car is from 1971 and the newpaper from 1975 which means the club was going for some time. It is strange that nobody nows anything about this club.