Fitting Stainless Steel Exhaust

I am trying to fit my Phoenix manifold and single rear box system (which thought this was going to give me some grief). The exhaust clamp on gearbox exhaust bracket will require at least a 3/4" spacer as it will not tighten onto the bracket even with the exhaust pipe through the center section hard up against the side of the center  box of the chassis, however without the rear exhaust box fitted  I can move center tube such that it sits in the middle of the center box of the chassis. When I fit the rear box it tends to foul against the diff and forces the center section exhaust tube hard again side of the side of the center  box of the chassis. Hope the photos below help explain my problems.  In case it helps I purchased the exhaust system about 18 months ago from TR shop. Has anyone else experienced these issues and how did you overcome the issues.

As always thanks in advance to any suggestions.

Adrian

Exhaust run front Back.jpg

Gearbox Exhaust bracket.jpg

Rear Box Medium.jpg

Actually I had to fit a spacer between the clamp, & the bracket. Having done that it all lined up pretty well.

I did have to some radical changes to the rear box pipework when I fitted the rear Anti roll bar though !

658612313_Viewunder.thumb.jpg.624005e6651b2ad4f09f6c58c5c82bf7.jpg

Bob.

Don`t forget that your rear axle is currently at the lowest position it will ever be, unless you get the car airborne. Once the weight of the body is on and the springs have settled there may be sufficient clearance between the diff and the exhaust box.

Ralph

Seems as  if you have the wrong rear clamp on and have you pushed the three sections up into each other too far as if it came back a bit the angles would be better?

Stuart.

When I was fitting my new mild steel system I had to go to the welders three times while fitting. It had the same problems and had to be modified, cut and welded. The supplier made a refund but it was a lot of work. Looking back I should have taken it to a TR garage who understand and have done it before.  It fits well now but needed to be modified. The supplier also sells parts for other makes of cars, so take care.

My original was made to measure  in 1986,  by Mike The Pipe in Wallington and he used the wrong size pipe. However tight the clamps were the exhaust would disconnect if you drove over a speed bump or a grassy bank.  I only made the new one work well in the last few years. Carburettors next.

Richard & B