TR5 for sale XLE 775G

Agent’s/Seller notes - ‘In summary, exceptional 2 owner unmolested car, definitely one for the purist.’  

https://www.marleeclassics.co.uk/marleecarsforsale?fbclid=IwAR2h7gKkkE3wBZYwJeDK1NQmwEkLPpqMv-vre1V_4NPmldfGG9H_bvZMPuA

• 2 weeks later...

Purist wouldn't like the rear light lenses which are from a much earlier car, I believe?

Tim

Edited by Tim T
typo

Realised that but didn’t want to be too provocative.

Tim

Hi All,

This is my TR5 and judging by the comments above I'm a little bit concerned that the advert may be misleading.  I have stated that we stripped the engine bay and wheel arches so the paint is not original and I very much doubt that the rest is particularly as it has been restored in the past.

I can’t find any other rear light lenses, from what I can see they are the same on all TR4 TR4A and TR5 UK cars?

I have stated that it has an alloy rocker cover and spin off oil filter which would not have been original.

Other than the hood being Mohair I'm not sure what else I've missed?

Happy to change the advert if you can help me out?

Many thanks

Mark

Mark,

I think that the use of ‘for the purist’ was perhaps misjudged and best left for the purchaser to determine. Removal of that phrase would, I believe, sort your description. Looks a nice car though, good luck with selling it.

Cheers,

Tim

Btw, the rear light lens on 5's and late 4a's had a vertical pattern as opposed to a circular pattern on early 4a's and 4's, I think.

Tim

IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.c6b875e7480ac3e04d2b51c7109d1576.JPG

11 hours ago, Tim T said:

Btw, the rear light lens on 5's and late 4a's had a vertical pattern as opposed to a circular pattern on early 4a's and 4's, I think.

Tim

IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.c6b875e7480ac3e04d2b51c7109d1576.JPG

And now unobtanium as well since the Aussies stopped making repros.

Stuart.

Looks a well sorted car, am truly stunned at the panning it got. God, for fitting those wrong rear lenses Mark should be Hung drawn and Quartered, what an unforgivable sin.

Price reflects the market It will sell for around 50K for certain, but I think a little more friendly banter would have been a lot nicer.

Edited by pfenlon