Fuel filter

Doing some work, to rationalise the fuel lines. My plan was to fit a cartridge fuel filter to the suction side of my Bosch pump, with the same diameter hose fittings as the suction side of the pump. It appears that most, if not all of these types of filters are approximately 8mm in diameter. Does anybody know of a filter with the same 12mm diameter fittings, that the Bosch pump has?

Brent

I’ve been using sytec filters for years with great results on my 6

i actually use the disposable 8mm type, and had the same concers as you about the reduced flow

however my car delivered 148 rear wheel HP on a rolling road with the sytec installed, so any restriction wasn’t significant!

steve

Brent, does your Bosch use a banjo fitting on the inlet? I chose a Sytec filter with threaded ports and just selected the banjo hose-barb diameter I wanted. It also enabled me to achieve the right-angles I needed for the layout of my system.

Cheers, Richard

On 10/25/2021 at 2:20 PM, Brent C said:

Doing some work, to rationalise the fuel lines. My plan was to fit a cartridge fuel filter to the suction side of my Bosch pump, with the same diameter hose fittings as the suction side of the pump. It appears that most, if not all of these types of filters are approximately 8mm in diameter. Does anybody know of a filter with the same 12mm diameter fittings, that the Bosch pump has?

Brent

Use a Bosch filter F5021 OR Mahle KL158 these are the filters that Bosch engineering told me to use in 1982 as they are very low resistance. This is what I have used for years!

Bruce.

Hi Brent,

I have also used a Sytec Bullett filter for many years, firstly with a paper element but more recently with a metal element. As mentioned earlier there are various diameter connections available either straight or right angle. I got Malcolm Jones of Prestige to enlarge the output connector to 14mm to match my pump inlet by soldering a bass ring on a smaller connector. The only problem I have found is when changing connectors you need to use Heldite or similar to get a leak free joint. I changed connectors without using a sealant and I got a very slow weep which took me ages to track down.

Regards

Les