Front Disc Brakes Binding

Hello All

I have restored my entire Front Disk brakes, but have an issue with the new disk pads being tight, and hence restricting movement:

• New Brake Discs (standard)
  • Reconditioned 16P calipers with new pistons and seals (calipers are centered with shims). Pistons are pushed in all the way
  • New Brake pads (Classic Gold)

I note that the new Classic Gold Brake Pads have a thin plate attached (±1/32")on the outside of the pad, which I don't recall were on my original pads.

Please provide suggestions on how to remediate the binding. Thanks, Dave

109807147_FrontBrakeAssembly.thumb.jpg.565242e8efb6895c519191cd9aefab6a.jpg862832286_BrakePad.thumb.jpg.0c17a629826f71eb4f654be2d226453f.jpg

Are your pistons fully pressed in (sorry for asking).

The plastic sheet on the back is the anti-squeel pad, with replaces the SS shims that are also found on some cars.

Are the 2 new pins free to move in the slotted holes of the pads? Should be a lose fit.

Higher friction is normal with news pads and disks by the way, but not excessive off course.

Waldi

Perfect Dave,

and once the brakes have bedded in friction will further reduce; if the front brakes start squealing, you can still add the SS shims.

Waldi