TR5/6 Brake master cylinders

3 hours ago, spiro said:

Hi all

Has any one had any issues with New Brake master cylinder TRW (black ones not the gold coloured ones)???????

Thanks

Spiro

Yes it was faulty!:angry:

2 hours ago, spiro said:

My lastest issue is the plunger jaming fully on when I went to bleed and will not return, as well as the issue of having to adjust the servo rod to stop brakes binding, on two other TR's.

Same here, the piston went in but didn't return.

I had to send it back.

FWIW and its bound to upset a few but TRW wont accept for return as being faulty no matter what if theyve been used with Silicon fluid.

Stuart.

Stuart, interesting.

Do they say that is because they think that is a contributory factor or just looking for a get out?

Always tended to prefer parts from someone you've heard of rather than a generic Chinese part.

Though who knows where they are actaully made, the assumption is they've got a name to protect.

Cheers   Keith

5 hours ago, stuart said:

FWIW and its bound to upset a few but TRW wont accept for return as being faulty no matter what if theyve been used with Silicon fluid.

Stuart.

I used DOT 3

4 hours ago, harlequin said:

If you have an old worn original master cylinder send it off to  Past Parts https://www.pastparts.co.uk/ it will come back like new and ready for another 40 years.

I have no connection to the company just a happy customer 

George 

+1 on rebuilding the original parts whenever possible. I've found over the years that repro parts might look the same but often just won't work.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:29 PM, stuart said:

Stuart.

Regardless of what type of fluid, Silicone or conventional  and is within spec a faulty item is faulty and should be replaced unless they specifically state no silicone fluid????????

26 minutes ago, spiro said:

Regardless of what type of fluid, Silicone or conventional  and is within spec a faulty item is faulty and should be replaced unless they specifically state no silicone fluid????????

Which AP do.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
4 hours ago, spiro said:

I got a refund on the one I bought from David Manners, no question.