The blindingly obvious (now I've found it)

Today, after many years of using jacks to lift the car up, I discovered that I DON'T need a separate screwdriver to let them down again. Whilst scrabbling around on the floor looking for said screwdriver, I had a flash of inspiration and thought "hang on, don't I remember seeing a little bar in the handle of the jack? That might fit in the slot to let it down"... and lo and behold it did!  Then a second thought..." has my other jack got the same bar in the handle? Yes it has!"  and then the final third thought...."oh my god, its meant to do that job! What an idiot I have been,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've had a few similar moments regarding other things,   but this is a corker.  I hope you enjoyed it.

Dave

====

Many years ago, when Son was about four, I bought a Capri, with a sunshine roof.    On the way home, I wound the handle to find that the rear edge would lift, to provide extra ventilation, but not slide away to give the hole in the roof that I wanted.     Oh, well, I thought better than nothing.

At home new (2nd hand) car was admired and Son got in, while we had tea.      "Look Dad!" and Son was standing on the seats, with his head through the roof!   OMG! What have you done?    Of course, what he had done was wind the handle the other way, which retracted the sun roof and left the hole I couldn't find.

RTFM?

I think this is a male thing.   We believe that we instinctively know 'how things work', whereas women will and do Read The Manual when faced with new kit!

John

Edited by john.r.davies

Its a man thing to never read instruction manuals. 

We have all been there

Harvey