Start of the TR Register Rally in Toulouse…

On Friday October 8, the TR Register Rally started from Toulouse… Needless to say that the date was written in red on my diary and that for nothing in the world I would not have missed it ! :)

Beautiful cars, some of which are famous, if like me, we roam the "ouaibe" frantically in search of information on the TRs.

Very nice and talkative « Rosbifs » with the « Frog » ! ;)

I went there at 4:00 p.m. and most of them were already there and since I'm insatiable, I went back at 6:00 p.m. to make sure I didn't miss a thing ...

They had slept in the ferry and drove all day to reach our Pink City… B)

Too bad they probably did not visit our beautiful city which looks like an Italian city with Spanish accents but which is very French in many aspects… :huh:

I spoke with a friendly and talkative owner of a couriered TR2 (green / white grille tower): bored to 2.4L but remained in S.U. : 145 hp capable of handling 6500 rpm! And, among other things, a solid anti-roll bar. He also had a TR3A, a TR6, a Lotus Elan… In short, a connoisseur ! :)

Also discussed with the owner of the well-known VHP 529, ex Works Car (ex Annie Soisbault) equipped with two Smiths Time Trips which made me drool with envy… :wub:
Also discussed with the owner of the "reconstruction" of TRS: he did everything himself! Chassis lengthened with his hands and body entirely in aluminum ... Small sprain: no Sabrina on call but a "prepared engine" out of 185 hp ! :ph34r:

NB: Almost all of the cars were equipped with an anti-roll bar and the prospect of facing the Pyrenean passes seemed to enchant them ! :D

Dave Burgess and Wayne Scott are in Dave's TR6 for this event. Some more photos on the club's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/triumphtrregister/

I am sure Wayne will continue to post photos and news as the event unfolds.

Mick