Throttle Bypass Valve / ZS175s

Hi

In an attempt to fix my high idle (long story) I broke the brass screw on the Throttle Bypass Valve, but I am reading many people blank them off.  Can anyone, in simple steps, tell me how to do this please?  Thanks, Richard

Richard 

Remove the valve from the carb, make a new gasket that has only the holes for the fixing screws, this can be backed up with some flat ridged plastic on the valve side, refit.

Or if you have got the adjusting screw fixed turn it untill the valve will nolonger operate which is what Ed h did http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-20/TR6-20.html

George 

24 minutes ago, harlequin said:

Richard 

Remove the valve from the carb, make a new gasket that has only the holes for the fixing screws, this can be backed up with some flat ridged plastic on the valve side, refit.

Or if you have got the adjusting screw fixed turn it untill the valve will nolonger operate which is what Ed h did http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-20/TR6-20.html

George 

Hi George

Thanks for replying.  I read somewhere of a chap who used a coke can, does this sound okay to you?  Issue I have is the actual screw, broke when I inserted a screwdriver into it, and a new TBV is 50 quid, so thought blank it of and also hope this brings my tickover down.

Edited by AarhusTr6

A flat bit of tin will do the job providing you have a good air tight seal on the carb side. What you are trying to achieve is blanking off the vacuum in the carb from the valve so that it doesn't open or alternatively jam the valve in the closed position. I have heard of them being filled with resin but that is a real bodge.

George 

Good morning so if I I look at the picture I attach I should cut some tin exactly to the shape of the gasket but close off all but the three screw holes?

16338606467151975328685124984260.jpg

Edited by AarhusTr6