Chassis Diff strengthen kit advice

Hi

from memory this is just plate on the sides of the existing mounting arrgt and fitting a plate to the top of the saddle and welding around the pin

a local fabricator can give me the sheet steel cut to size etc for free so why should i buy a kit £90 form moss ???

or am i missing something

thanks

david

Edited by dblenk

Basically you make the rear diff bridge a box section and make boxes to support diff mounting bolts. You also weld the diff bolts at the top. Up front you weld on extra support plates.

Chassis - 20.jpg

Chassis - 22.jpg

3 hours ago, stuart said:

A bit more than that really.

Stuart.

Marks TR5 089.jpg

Marks TR5 076.jpg

Marks TR5 087.jpg

Marks TR5 088.jpg

Marks TR5 095.jpg

Marks TR5 099.jpg

Cheers Stuart

i was going to buy the front strengtheners as they have a curved edge but will do the diff stuff using the fabby

just put some pics on of my chassis

dave

20 hours ago, stuart said:

Actually it is moreor less the same as mine. My rear end is the same and I already had those front supports added at the factory - October 73 car. The 'How to Restore a TR6' book says that there was a factory mod at some time. You seem to not have the extra straps up front suggested by the same book.

18 minutes ago, Richard Pope said:

If your referring to the small tabs to the rack mounts then in long term usage Ive only seen very marginal cracks in that area and they are welded up

Stuart.

Marks TR5 083.jpg

Just now, ctc77965o said:

when you box in the diff mounts make sure to drill drain holes and rust proof inside

TBH better to do as I had which is leave the bottom corners open as it helps to relieve any distortion and drains as well.

Stuart.