Heritage TR6 body shell

Hello Harry

I've got a new unused "second batch" shell that I bought from Moss? in 1994? in storage that I'll have a look at over the weekend and see if I can find any numbering. I recall there being a handwritten in marker pen number on the inside of the LH rear wheelarch.

Regards

Bill 

Hello Harry

I'm afraid I couldn't find one as a stamped plate, the only ID I could see is the previously mentioned marker pen in the inside LH wheel arch of 001112 with a squiggly line underneath! 

If you do get a more helpful reply, please post.

Meanwhile, the shell is for sale!

Regards

Bill  

15 hours ago, Bill944T said:

Hello Harry

I'm afraid I couldn't find one as a stamped plate, the only ID I could see is the previously mentioned marker pen in the inside LH wheel arch of 001112 with a squiggly line underneath! 

If you do get a more helpful reply, please post.

Meanwhile, the shell is for sale!

Regards

Bill  

Is that a complete shell with all outer panels Bill?

Stuart.

Yes Stuart, all panels, doors on hinges as are bonnet and boot. The only item I'm aware not supplied was the vent lid despite it being a CP RHD specification shell. I do have a new lid for it bought at the time though but just in black primer. 

I've had a few follow up enquiries but unsure of what its worth after costing the individual panels where available from Moss last year at over £13000!

Regards

Bill 

Edited by Bill944T

On the TR6 that I have seen with a Heritage shell the number has been stamped onto a plate and fixed where the trim body normally resides on the bulkhead. The numbers I have seen are BMHTR001130, BMHTR001912 and BMHTR1922. We have 32 x TR6 recorded with these shells in our records and there are presumably many more going by the range of numbers. 

Derek

1 hour ago, saffrontr said:

fixed where the trim body normally resides on the bulkhead.

Derek

"Trim body?"

Stuart.

My mistake Stuart of course it is where the "body number" plate resides on the bulkhead the "trim body" plate isn't applicable for a Heritage Shell.  Somewhere I have an image of one on a Heritage Shell and if I can find it I will post it here.

Derek 

• 1 month later...

Well, thanks to a potential purchaser of the shell visiting me on Saturday, he spotted, much to my embarrassment, the BMHTR 001112 plate actually welded to the RH inner rear wing at high level above the B post... It is placed in the triangular dimple just above the wheel arch. I expect the more knowledgeable will describe it better!

My excuse is that is was upside down, presumably to facilitate someone stood outside by the door handle to read it by leaning over...Doh.......

Regards

Bill  

11 minutes ago, Richmac said:

Hi Bill I assume then that the number would be covered by the trim on a finished car? I have been following and looking for my number. 

Thanks Richard

Covered by the quarter panel trim.

Stuart.

Hello kc

My computer skills are lacking but I did send Derek an image and I’m quite happy for him to post it here in this topic. Hopefully this won’t expose either of us to DPA breaches!

Regards

Bill

Thank you Derek. Orientation my fault!

It does show some rather poor MIG welding dressing at the top of the B post. The rest is better but hey ho, none of it will be exposed when trimmed.......

Regards

Bill 

3 hours ago, Macleesh said:

Was that welding done by BMHT? If so I could pass as a professional :unsure:

Sadly yes.   That is BMH mig welding.

Truthfully I find that quite embarrassing.  Maybe that standard was good enough for MG shells.

In my defence, I did not work for them until long after TR shells were discontinued.  All the management and a lot of staff have  changed since then too.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT