Another set of 42`s

10 hours ago, MichaelH said:

Looks good, and a lot of money compared to 45DCOE which were homologated  (RAC FIA Recognition No 133)

Were 42s fitted to the VC works cars?

I believe so.

Stuart.

No, that’s not true - the VC cars used 45 DCOE 09’s … similar to those specified for Astons

AFAIK the DCOE 42 was specified later as a fitment to the 2138cc engine, but not a factory option or a ‘works’ homologised part.

regards 

Tony 

1 hour ago, TR4Tony VC said:

No, that’s not true - the VC cars used 45 DCOE 09’s … similar to those specified for Astons

AFAIK the DCOE 42 was specified later as a fitment to the 2138cc engine, but not a factory option or a ‘works’ homologised part.

regards 

Tony 

Also Kastner used the 45s for the TR4a racers at Sebring etc, I can't see 42s being confirmed on any Factory competion cars.

Mick Richards 

I think so Malcolm. I had a 63 Morgan that had all the Lawrencetune bits on it and the carbs were 42’s and the manifolds to suit. It also had a weird SAH ish manifold, so that was probably bespoke to the TR engined Morgan too. Another car I wish I’d kept but full of woodworm ! So as well not.

regards 

Tony 

Long story but my first Morgan was sold to me by someone who had been stitched up when he bought the car. It was essentially unsafe but had a new MOT.

Turns out that it had been for a few MOTs in the couple of weeks before the 'pass', seems that the original seller had trawled around until he found someone who'd pass it.

Anyway to the point, one of the earlier fails listed 'woodworm' as a fail point which I'd never seen before and which presumably isn't on the DVLA standard list of problems!

(by the way Tony, I have a pair of 42s that I believe you sold a few years ago, the man who bought them sold his car and I bought the carbs, still in their box waiting....)

regards

Malcolm

FIA Historic Database

Jan ’62, TR4 homologated under form nr 61. No Webers

Jan 1963 TR4 homologation revised on form nr 98 for 2138cc and form nr 99 for 1991cc - Weber 42’s homologated.

Sep 1963 TR4 homologation revised on form nr 133, 2138cc - Weber 45’s homologated

This is my understanding.... :) 

Tom