Bonnet latch (part# 619580)

Had an underwhelming experience with the bonnet hook assembly which I replaced a couple of years back but the metal is soft and started bending quite quickly... (hook, not spring).

Anyone know if any of the suppliers have better quality kit than the others? I think mine was a Rimmers or Moss unit but wondering if I'd be better served going to SC parts, Revington etc.  Or are they all the same...?

I've got the same problem. I have to be careful when closing the bonnet to make sure the hook roughly centres over the firewall catch. If the bending problem  gets  unbearable  I'll weld a rod  down the back of the hook.

I don't want replace my hook, I had the bonnet springing open curse until I cut back the spring tension in this hook assembly and it now stays closed reliably.

1 hour ago, matttnz said:

Had an underwhelming experience with the bonnet hook assembly which I replaced a couple of years back but the metal is soft and started bending quite quickly... (hook, not spring).

Anyone know if any of the suppliers have better quality kit than the others? I think mine was a Rimmers or Moss unit but wondering if I'd be better served going to SC parts, Revington etc.  Or are they all the same...?

Theyre not all the same, the cheap ones only have a right angle plate where the hook swivels, the better ones have that area triangulated, theyre all still made from poor quality steel though. Last one I got from TR Shop was the slightly better version.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, I'll take a look