25 minutes ago, stillp said:

Does it have a degree in English? :P

Pete

No the lorry just has a sat nav with correct enunciation 

14 minutes ago, Hamish said:

sat nav with correct enunciation 

" I would be grateful if, at the next opportunity, you would turn the vehicle around and proceed in the opposite direction. Thank you."

25 minutes ago, Hamish said:

No the lorry just has a sat nav with correct enunciation 

10 minutes ago, RobH said:

" I would be grateful if, at the next opportunity, you would turn the vehicle around and proceed in the opposite direction. Thank you."

This indicates some members themselves have become reliant on technology telling them how and where to travel. Tut tut. 

Edited by Misfit

When travelling through France, we always look out for large number of "white vans" or Les Routiers signs to find the best places for lunch used by van a lorry drivers. They are usually clean, friendly and exceptionally good value for money. If only there was the equivalent in the UK.

Mick

1 hour ago, Mick Forey said:

When travelling through France, we always look out for large number of "white vans" or Les Routiers signs to find the best places for lunch used by van a lorry drivers. They are usually clean, friendly and exceptionally good value for money. If only there was the equivalent in the UK.

Mick

There used to be, they were known as "Transport Cafes" unfortunately theyve by and large disappeared now.

Stuart.

When 4 of us went on holiday in 1964 to France and Northern Spain in David's Ford Zephyr Zodiac, we ate and stayed almost exclusively at the places listed in the Relais Routiers guide book, which I had bought for the trip.

These places always had trucks outside (a good sign) and provided excellent food and basic, but good, accommodation - and the cost was very reasonable.

One thing we learnt: travelling in hot weather for mile after mile at a near constant 55-60 mph (something that was impossible in the UK back then), caused the car's remould tyres to cook and disintegrate!  We had to buy new tyres in Northern Spain and this reduced our cash to near zero, so then we were sleeping in the car and on the ground in order to be able to return home.

Ian Cornish

Back to the original question from Graham as to has whether anyone has received their TR action yet? I'm not complaining just wondered whether it was out or maybe it is just that mine has been lost in the postal system . 

Derek

Turned up in Cheshire today. 
And the editor has been very generous on page 62.

thank you 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, stillp said:

Whoosh!

On 10/7/2021 at 12:49 PM, Deggers said:

:D  Yup! 

Ok, a comment in a previous post made me think about how we treat others. 

So I relayed my thoughts here. I know I should lighten up.:rolleyes:

Ps got mine just now.

Edited by Misfit
On 10/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, Hamish said:

Guildford Motor Club have a smaller membership but they adopted a simple online format

https://issuu.com/guildfordmotorclub/docs/in_tune_2110

Seems to work well

I agree, though I like getting my printed copy.

FANTASTIC story, by the way! Well done!!

Ciao,

David