1 minute ago, james christie said:

Talk about putting unnecessary pressure on the poor **** that produce and distribute this excellent publication !

James

I don;t give a damn when or if it turns up  - there that took the pressure off:):P:lol:

Roger

+1

The content is way more important than the publication/arrival date. 
I produce a technical newsletter for the Devon Group which is available on-line on the main Register site under Devon Group Social Scene. It gets published when I’ve got enough interesting content rather than at fixed times.

At Kop Hill (25-26 September), Wayne said he felt sorry for the printers as, once they passed the magazines to the distributors, it was pot luck when these arrived through our letter boxes. 

I feel sorry for Wayne, as he gets complaints every time!

Don't forget that there's a shortage of HGV drivers everywhere, and this affects distribution of post as well as fuel, groceries and bog rolls.

Our dustmen used to have a driver plus 2 fellows to move the bins - now there's just driver plus one, and the collection of garden waste was suspended for a couple of months to remove pressure on the essential collections.  Garden waste to be collected from 18th October, but every four weeks instead of fortnightly.

We need to be patient - and not queue for petrol/diesel when we have plenty in the tank.

Ian Cornish

I guess we are spolied up north Ian as we haven't had any of the fuel, bog roll and grocery shortages that you southerners are experiencing nor have we had any waste collection issues. I guess what I am saying is use a printer based up north and at least us northerners will get the magazine on time. Would be good for the great north south divide and help Boris with his levelling up campaign.

Derek

Edited by saffrontr

All

having Been in the Haulage industry all my life , both as a contractor and now own account delivering our own goods , the shortage of drivers has nothing to do with brexit or many of the other excuses being bandied around, it is purely down to pay and the conditions drivers have to put up with , how many of us would like to live in a tin box 9ft by six ft for 120 hours a week , have a plastic bottle for a toilet and a microwave ( if you are lucky to cook food)  plus if you happen to work 5 minutes longer than permitted get their licence endorsed and a fine . 

we do not have a shortage of drivers , and all our deliveries are being done on time , Treat the driver with the respect they deserve , provide good equipment and facilities ,and a proper wage and the problem goes away !!   , 

41B89E76-CCA1-454D-9A33-0B7F7B79D529.jpeg

Why is anyone who is online savvy enough to be here bitching that their print club mag hadn't arrived?    They would better be asking the Club why it isn't published digitally, at almost zero cost, and instant delivery, once published.

And if you like to see a good online mag, look for "Classic &Competition Car " magazine.  See http://classicandcompetitioncar.com/.  No association save as a keen reader.

John

13 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

Why is anyone who is online savvy enough to be here bitching that their print club mag hadn't arrived?    They would better be asking the Club why it isn't published digitally, at almost zero cost, and instant delivery, once published.

And if you like to see a good online mag, look for "Classic &Competition Car " magazine.  See http://classicandcompetitioncar.com/.  No association save as a keen reader.

John

+++++1

It's a nonsense, the magazine will arrive when it hits the mat. If you want up to date info on your car and it's practicality of using it, not whose wife wore what christmas cardigan then this forum is where you get it.

Mick Richards

12 hours ago, tr graham said:

All

having Been in the Haulage industry all my life , both as a contractor and now own account delivering our own goods , the shortage of drivers has nothing to do with brexit or many of the other excuses being bandied around, it is purely down to pay and the conditions drivers have to put up with , how many of us would like to live in a tin box 9ft by six ft for 120 hours a week , have a plastic bottle for a toilet and a microwave ( if you are lucky to cook food)  plus if you happen to work 5 minutes longer than permitted get their licence endorsed and a fine . 

we do not have a shortage of drivers , and all our deliveries are being done on time , Treat the driver with the respect they deserve , provide good equipment and facilities ,and a proper wage and the problem goes away !!   , 

41B89E76-CCA1-454D-9A33-0B7F7B79D529.jpeg

Interesting rig Graham, especially with that axle configuration, whats it rated at?

Staurt

If you don’t ask you don’t get, well in this case you do get TRaction even more if you don’t ask.  

When that’s another story. Clearly Graham enjoys it so much he was just wondering if it was due soon. 

Edited by Misfit

Stuart

its known as a tridem & is rated at 32tonne  the front axle is 10 tonne with 28 spread over the rear 3 , it is only single drive the rear steers and the front of the bogie lifts , it is extremely agile , it is air ride all round  460bhp and has a 50 cubic walking floor body  .

graham

Tr Graham,

You posted that any HGV driver shortage was due to poor employment conditions.    For once I agree with our PM, who has blamed low wages, with drivers from Eastern Europe finding them better than they are at home!

Certainly, driving about the country myself, towing my race car, I use HGV parking at service stations, and find myself going in through the drivers' entrances and using their facilities.   And they are vile!   How is that we have this 'apartheit' that segregates HGV drivers in this country in the 21st?  I don't know what you're paid HGV drivers, but I surely don't want your working environment!

John

My son-in- law drives an articulate lorry, has done for 20+ years. The money is very reasonable, he has weekends off his week starts at 3am Monday finishes 3 - 5 pm Friday doing 1 something 2 overnight depending the delivery destination, perhaps not the most exciting job. Then again that applies to many jobs some even more unpleasant.