Jump to content

Got it home - post edited


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Looks great, especially in Damson. Looks like an early car, with later rear panel & rear bumper centre section.

The green one was an interesting car, Ex Michelin tyres development car and had both left and right hand bulkhead holes so could easily be run in both forms, this was ex-factory. Had a hard life!

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luke-Mia said:

Hi David.

A very nice looking car, you can now see from Stuarts photos all of the TR6 rear should be painted matt black.

I have a thing about the rear of some cars, I have seen other TR6's painted like yours, others with the car painted all one colour, horrible looking tail lights etc.

I am sorry I do not like them.

You have a lovely looking TR6, it's yours do what you want to it, and just go enjoy it.

Luke. 

What is wrong with the tail lights?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luke-Mia said:

Hi David.

A very nice looking car, you can now see from Stuarts photos all of the TR6 rear should be painted matt black.

I have a thing about the rear of some cars, I have seen other TR6's painted like yours, others with the car painted all one colour, horrible looking tail lights etc.

I am sorry I do not like them.

You have a lovely looking TR6, it's yours do what you want to it, and just go enjoy it.

Luke. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should the black in fact be satin and not matt? Just being picky you understand!

Tim

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Luke-Mia said:

When I spoke about rear lights, I have seen the odd TR6 have the rear lights removed the side indicators filled, and fitted with a non-standard light fitting to the rear only, not for me.

 

Luke.

That was the short run of "Talisman" TR6 that Racetorations built several tears ago. They had Ferrari style rear lights fitted.

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your reply to CP26309 below sounded rude to me.

(What do you mean wrong. You can’t just say that and not explain what’s wrong with it.)

Your reply below is rude, try and spell and that’s the last reply you will get from me.

(If you guys want a chat about how shut rear lights look create your own post. Don’t ruin mine.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi David, don’t worry about purists telling you what’s wrong! They would have a field day with mine…….cream leather, back panel painted in body colour, American front bumper and side lights, and probably many more not as it came out of the factory with! This is how the previous owner had it restored, and I have no intentions of altering it back to standard. Enjoy your car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chris Seymour said:

Hi David, don’t worry about purists telling you what’s wrong! They would have a field day with mine…….cream leather, back panel painted in body colour, American front bumper and side lights, and probably many more not as it came out of the factory with! This is how the previous owner had it restored, and I have no intentions of altering it back to standard. Enjoy your car.

I don't think anyone is a purist, someone just mentioned something that the original poster may not have been aware of, and a discussion carried on about that including what another member had seen regarding the rear lights (on other 6's not this particular one). Unfortunately the original poster didn't seem to happy about that and pretty much told them to discuss it elsewhere. 

Shame but there you go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • David Solloway changed the title to Got it home - post edited
On 10/8/2021 at 2:16 PM, Mk2 Chopper said:

Looks great, I'd leave the correct year plate colour (originally) and even go so far as getting the proper (expensive) press on number versions. 

Gareth

I agree, I prefer the original plates I got some period 70 style ones from Tippers https://www.tippersvintageplates.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/tippers?opendocument&part=4 I think they look perfect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

I agree, I prefer the original plates I got some period 70 style ones from Tippers https://www.tippersvintageplates.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/tippers?opendocument&part=4 I think they look perfect. 

That's a great price, yeah that's the way to go. 

Gareth

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, David Solloway said:

If you guys want a chat about how shut rear lights look create your own post. Don’t ruin mine.

Hi David,

You have a great looking car not quite factory correct but who cares ,it's your car and you are welcome to paint it sky blue pink with red dots if you wish :ph34r: Thread drift  happens on here to some degree as folks add well meaning bits of info that they came across.

Keep posting and ask as many questions as you like , when it comes to new owners there is no such thing as a silly question.

Enjoy your car 

Brian

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brian -r said:

Hi David,

You have a great looking car not quite factory correct but who cares ,it's your car and you are welcome to paint it sky blue pink with red dots if you wish :ph34r: Thread drift  happens on here to some degree as folks add well meaning bits of info that they came across.

Keep posting and ask as many questions as you like , when it comes to new owners there is no such thing as a silly question.

Enjoy your car 

Brian

Great post 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brian -r said:

Hi David,

You have a great looking car not quite factory correct but who cares ,it's your car and you are welcome to paint it sky blue pink with red dots if you wish :ph34r: Thread drift  happens on here to some degree as folks add well meaning bits of info that they came across.

Keep posting and ask as many questions as you like , when it comes to new owners there is no such thing as a silly question.

Enjoy your car 

Brian

Yes dead on the money, thanks Brian,

John.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

I don't think anyone is a purist, someone just mentioned something that the original poster may not have been aware of, and a discussion carried on about that including what another member had seen regarding the rear lights (on other 6's not this particular one). Unfortunately the original poster didn't seem to happy about that and pretty much told them to discuss it elsewhere. 

Shame but there you go. 

Personally not had any criticism of my not totally factory standard TR6, but I also own a 1974 Suzuki GT750L, which when it got restored, they fitted latter model forks. Now the anoraks on a certain Suzuki forum start pinging all sorts of derogatory comments!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chris Seymour said:

Personally not had any criticism of my not totally factory standard TR6, but I also own a 1974 Suzuki GT750L, which when it got restored, they fitted latter model forks. Now the anoraks on a certain Suzuki forum start pinging all sorts of derogatory comments!

I think that people who are keen/enthusiastic about old cars, bikes, boats etc all see different views of our hobby, from concourse to hot rodding and every thing in between, which in my view is a good thing even if one or two get a bit carried away with their particular version of what we do.

Speaking as someone with a TR6 that has a body colour back side, Surrey top, wire wheels and carburettors I think our motto should be "you bought the car make it how you like it"

George 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chris Seymour said:

Personally not had any criticism of my not totally factory standard TR6, but I also own a 1974 Suzuki GT750L, which when it got restored, they fitted latter model forks. Now the anoraks on a certain Suzuki forum start pinging all sorts of derogatory comments!

There can be a snobbery about some brands cars or bikes, on the whole it's pretty relaxed here thank goodness. 

7 hours ago, harlequin said:

I think that people who are keen/enthusiastic about old cars, bikes, boats etc all see different views of our hobby, from concourse to hot rodding and every thing in between, which in my view is a good thing even if one or two get a bit carried away with their particular version of what we do.

Speaking as someone with a TR6 that has a body colour back side, Surrey top, wire wheels and carburettors I think our motto should be "you bought the car make it how you like it"

George 

I can admire a custom car, even if its not to my taste because of the work that's gone into it, same with tr6's, it's not my thing to see wheels poking out of the arches on wide low profile tyres, but some love it, and it provides some variety. Again not many seem to have black along the sills, or some have fitted efi. It would be boring to have every one exactly the same. 

Gareth

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be a member of the Vauxhall Viva club. There was a guy who used to trailer his 1300 Firenza to each show and put up ropes so nobody could touch it. He was most dismayed that mine had no handles and electric door poppers. He was close to a heart attack when when he saw what was under the bonnet. We agreed to differ on style but still shared a lot of beers.

My TR6 is shiny black even where it should be satin black and I really could not give a flying one. It has also has EFI, wire wheels, the "wrong" exhaust(s), non standard suspension, roll hoops, a gauge pod where the ashtray should, a bluetooth radio and big silly speakers in the back. Enjoy YOUR car. I'm just off to order a sub woofer :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.