Club TRiumph RBRR

Hi folks,

the CT RBRR is well and truly under way.

Apprx 165 120 TRiumphs of all sorts left Knebworth House yesterday (Friday 1st Oct) at 6pm.

There were about 5 no-shows. One definately broke down on the way to the start and had to pull out.  Another conked out 50 miles up the road

One little Herald arrived running on fumes and I pointed him to a nearby supply that was open an hour earlier. They came back 30 minutes later with a big grin on their faces.

Many of the cars were very well presented. One in particular a blue TR3 looked almost concourse.

I believe they all got out of the car park but one had a terminal failure just before the A1(M) roundabout - about 1 mile on the clock.

The weather leaving the car park was perfect - clear sky with a Westerly setting Sun. I think the weather at the Scottish border could have been interesting.

Although a photo from JoG at apprx 9am this morning looked good.

I hope they all stay safe.

Roger

Edited by RogerH
update on entry numbers

The latest update I have seen is that 13 cars have dropped out as of this morning at JOG. The weather is against them from now on! Good luck to all. We’re marshalling at Bude tomorrow so hope they’re not too waterlogged by then!

41 minutes ago, Ben Freer said:

The latest update I have seen is that 13 cars have dropped out as of this morning at JOG. The weather is against them from now on! Good luck to all. We’re marshalling at Bude tomorrow so hope they’re not too waterlogged by then!

If its anything like it is here today then they will be, been coming down in stair rods all morning and supposed to be in for the whole weekend.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, AndyR100 said:

Update from an hour ago was 100 still running (my info was that 113 started - a bit lower than mentioned earlier)

...... Andy 

Confirm that number Andy. That’s what I’d heard too.

1 hour ago, AndyR100 said:

Update from an hour ago was 100 still running (my info was that 113 started - a bit lower than mentioned earlier)

...... Andy 

Hi Andy,

my check-in list yesterday had a total of 175 starters and apprx 4, 5 didn't turn up. I didn;t realise there were so many were not on the list.

Roger

41 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Andy,

my check-in list yesterday had a total of 175 starters and apprx 4, 5 didn't turn up. I didn;t realise there were so many were not on the list.

Roger

Hey Roger, 

:) whatever the number, I’m sure they’ll be enjoying the while experience - fingers-crossed everything goes well for all the crews.

...... Andy 

Now arriving at Gledrid. Wayne reports heavy rain from Glencoe onwards. Glad we’re not doing it in Geoffrey we would have drowned!

11 hours ago, Ben Freer said:

Now arriving at Gledrid. Wayne reports heavy rain from Glencoe onwards. Glad we’re not doing it in Geoffrey we would have drowned!

Leave the jacking bungs out of the floor and it flows straight through.

so sad it’s a wet one. Makes it so much harder. 

good luck and safe motoring to all the teams. 

HI Folks,

Tim at CT has just posted the RBRR stats

175 entries

113  starters on the Friday

14 retired

99 finished

The initial withdrawals  (62) could have multiple issues - C19, petrol etc etc.

Well done to the finishers.

Roger