Hi all. 
I started a thread last month about wrapping exhaust manifolds. Some interesting responses. Definitely some opinions out there! Thank you all for your thoughts. 
My next question on manifolds is fitting. 
I have bought a 4-1 stainless manifold but looking at the flange it is made of 10mm stainless. The flange on the inlet manifold (original) is made of 1/2 inch plate. 
this can’t be a new problem?

I guess people have dealt with this before. 
my question is what was the most effect way?  
mill the edges down on the the inlet manifold? Spacers on top of the exhaust manifold? Adapt the lugs that hold the two in place?

thoughts welcomed. 

I drilled & tapped the clamps at one end only to take a small (M4 I think) screw. the height of the head of the screw equated to the difference in thickness of the manifolds.

Bob.

Graham - if you have access to welding equipment, put a blob of weld on the end of each clamp which covers the exhaust manifold ends  - then grind it down to correct depth so you have a stepped clamp - very common issue!

Cheers Rich

The clamps are a reasonably loose fit on the studs and there seemed to be enough rock on mine for them to clamp the exhauts and inlet manifolds.

It is a bit strange that they continue to manufacture the manifolds with 10mm plate rather than 12 or 13mm which is closer to the 1/2 inch.

2 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

It is a bit strange that they continue to manufacture the manifolds with 10mm plate rather than 12 or 13mm which is closer to the 1/2 inch.

20% thicker means 20% more expensive Andy.

Pete