TR4 Front Suspension lower wishbones

Thanks Andy,

That was indeed the answer! Some general encouragement to part company with surrounding components .... with the aid of a large hammer:). The first wishbone is now released.

I wonder if you help me with a related question (which  I am about to post another cry for help on the forum about)?

When I removed the lower wishbone nearest the bulkhead I discovered that there are TWO thrust washers fitted next to each other. This was a surprise as I expected only one as had been the case on the other wishbone. 

Thoughts?

Thanks

Robert

Hi Robert,

Good to hear that you were able to persuade it to come apart!

I haven’t come across using extra trust-washer(s) I’m afraid - maybe others have. There are some shims/washers that you can see in the parts book or the Moss website, perhaps a previous owner added the extra thrust washer because they didn’t have the correct washers/shims to hand? Someone may have done a temporary fix to get to work on Monday morning and never gone back to fix it :) 

....... Andy 

Edited by AndyR100