Fuel additive

Hi all

any one managed to wade through all of the well meaning advice offered by the motoring press on additives to combat the new fuel in garages now,my car is an un modified 72 model with original fuel injection and original head.I realise this may open the flood gates somewhat but my thinking is the people that run the cars are usually the ones in the know about their specific models.So to ask the possibly over simplified question which one guys!!

regards nige

None.  Not necessary - just use E5 fuel and swap the fuel hoses for suitable types as has been discussed on threads here.  

You might want to add a fuel stabiliser if you are not using the car over the winter.  

Edited by RobH

Tetraboost is an expensive option but it's the only additive that replaces lead with lead (tetraethyl lead in solution) and give you the petrol these cars were designed to run on, theoretically you could get up to 105,(remember Esso Golden anyone?)  but it adds 20 to 25p per litre so not cheap.    Tetraboost now say the include an E5 E10 inhibitor.

Cheers Rob 

Where I live , the nearest petrol stations only have e10 unleaded petrol or diesel pumps .

For super unleaded , the nearest Tesco’s is just @20 miles away, and my “local “ shell is @ 15 miles away . 
So my question is , if I run very low , can I put some e10 in with some stabiliser or am I asking for grief ??

There will likely be no problem at all if you have to use E10 occasionally Crawfie.  As long as you use it up quickly and fill later with decent stuff.  

I believe it can only cause harm if it hangs about in the system for a length of time - that is when you might need some stabilising additive. 

11 minutes ago, RobH said:

There will likely be no problem at all if you have to use E10 occasionally Crawfie.  As long as you use it up quickly and fill later with decent stuff.  

I believe it can only cause harm if it hangs about in the system for a length of time - that is when you might need some stabilising additive. 

Thanks Rob