You can't tell stupid people not to panic buy......

• Andrew Smith changed the title to You can't tell stupid people not to panic buy......

+1

Hi Andrew,

I was gob smacked at the BBC news yesterday (I'm sure the others were doing it also) broad casting not to panic buy  aaaarrrggghhhhh

Of course they bloody well will.   Look what happened to milk and toilet rolls in March last year.

Roger

31 minutes ago, stillp said:

They keep saying there's a shortage of lorry drivers, but you wouldn't know it from the number of trucks on the A14 and A47 today.

Pete

Apparently it’s Europe wide. The German head of their lorry driver’s organisation was on the radio this evening describing the problems that they are having. 

Rgds Ian

Anyone else remember the great baked bean shortage of (I think) the 1980s? Long before the internet. Started for a joke by some LSE students, who went around telling their mates that the bean harvest had failed so baked beans would run out in six weeks. Heinz denied it was true, which convinced people that it must be true... They had several record months' sales.

Pete

2 hours ago, Bluestone said:

Sad but true, ably promoted by many of the newspaper morning headlines. Methinks the mainstream media are having a right old laugh and seeing how far they can influence public behaviour (lemmings come to mind)......which also just happens to make the gov of the day look daft!

Ray 

+1

1 hour ago, harlequin said:

A sign has appeared outside our local pub today with the legend 'UPCOMING BEER SHORTAGE  PANIC BUY HERE'

George 

The same has appeared at a local coffee shop and pizza takeaway.

Now, all they have to do is persuade the contemptuous media outlets to run the story and they’ll have  recovered any profit-shortfall from the last 18 months.

...... Andy 

I have given up watching the BBC news, the whole thing has become a farce where the BBC invents a news story that suits their left wing PC agenda and then repeats it time after time throughout the day to hammer it home,. Meanwhile real news from around the world is steadfastly ignored. All very cheap and lazy journalism which is now spreading to other news broadcasting organisations.

George 

Edited by harlequin
22 minutes ago, harlequin said:

I have given up watching the BBC news, the whole thing has become a farce where the BBC invents a news story that suits their left wing PC agenda and then repeats it time after time throughout the day to hammer it home,. Meanwhile real new from around the world is steadfastly ignored. All very cheap and lazy journalism which is now spreading to other news broadcasting organisations.

George 

I could not agree more and the breakfast team are just children treating us the same.The sooner they abolish the licence fee the better let them see what it is like to stand on there own 

Exactly it's the media again, creating the panic. I was really low on fuel yesterday, travelled past many closed petrol stations, and decided to get up early and head back to one that just shut on the car before me last night (no persuading the manager to let me in), managed to fill up and feel relieved. Meanwhile I still have three quarters of a tank in the TR :rolleyes:.

Gareth

17 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Apparently it’s Europe wide. The German head of their lorry driver’s organisation was on the radio this evening describing the problems that they are having. 

Rgds Ian

Do the Germans blame Brexit and the backlog of HGV tests? :lol:

Pete

46 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Do any of them give a s***

No they don't Derek - and, plainly, some of them do it deliberately to cause trouble. 

As someone else has said-  the message sent is "there is no shortage -don't panic buy" but inevitably what people hear is "shortage - panic"