Spare wheel cover

Hi Rob, no injuries other than to the cars and my brother in-laws pride. We were 2 miles from home on the way for a short holiday in Dorset when he rear ended me in my TR5. Unfortunately that has not fared so well as it may have sustained chassis damage. 

C8D45F6E-00A0-440B-AE21-B03BC47C5561.jpeg

I sincerely hope that they are economically repairable by your insurance. A very sad and distressing experience.

Edited by John McCormack

Hi John, the TR3 is only cosmetic damage so should be straightforward. The 5 maybe borderline if chassis needs to come out for repair / replacement. However, I have salvage rights, so if insurers won’t cover it, I can buy it back do the labour myself and use the payout for parts, bodywork and paint. 

Mate, I feel for you. I've done a couple of body off restos on TR2s, the TR5 would be a another level of work. 

Hopefully it can be straightened in situ.

Martin, 

so sorry to see this, you have my sympathy, had the same - twice, but if no one was hurt then thats the important thing.

I.m away just now, but I MIGHT have a spare wheel cover, if you are not sorted I check after the weekend.

John.

Hi all, thanks for your kind words of support and offers. Conrad has come to the rescue with the most solid looking spare wheel cover I’ve seen for a while. Friends and club members have been amazing. I in addition to the spare wheel cover for the 3, I have also been offered original TR5 grille, bumper , over riders, front panel and valence. Thanks to all. Kind regards Martin. 

Just saw your plight, Martin. What bad luck.

Glad the Forum has rallied round, yet again. We're so lucky.

I want to say thank you to everyone too.

Ciao,

David