TR6 from 71 exchaust system gives nice Sound….

The original mild steel exhaust has the most evocative sound.

If you opt for stainless then a single straight through is the option. Some can be a bit loud.

Wouldn't recommend the sports twin rear silencer system - loud but not as nice a sound as the single system and limited performance gain over standard.

Phoenix do a standard type system, it's a little bit louder then the factory one but not to obtrusive. It is a good fit which can't be said for some of the exhausts on the market and is good quality. Mine has been on the car for the last 12 years with no problems.

George 

I was less impressed with the manifold.

Things got hot under the bonnet, the starter motor cooked and couldn't be removed with the manifold in place so when I took it off to do the starter it stayed off and was replaced with the old cast iron job. I picked up the cast manifold for £20 because everyone was throwing them away and got £200 for the 6 branch thing 

The only change to performance was a slightly better milage figure and the car fires up straight away no matter how hot it is, proving the point that Triumph were nobody's fool when it came to designing cars.

George 

19 hours ago, harlequin said:

I was less impressed with the manifold.

Things got hot under the bonnet, the starter motor cooked and couldn't be removed with the manifold in place so when I took it off to do the starter it stayed off and was replaced with the old cast iron job. I picked up the cast manifold for £20 because everyone was throwing them away and got £200 for the 6 branch thing 

The only change to performance was a slightly better milage figure and the car fires up straight away no matter how hot it is, proving the point that Triumph were nobody's fool when it came to designing cars.

George 

I've not had any problems with it getting too hot.

47 minutes ago, DRD said:

I've not had any problems with it getting too hot.

To be fair the starter motor that got cooked was an original type, I have friends with tubular manifolds that have not had a problem but they both have the modern  high torque starters.

My car runs on carburettors and I found that the fuel was evaporating in stop start traffic and when parked after a good run on a hot day, I imagine this is not the case with PI

George