Boot size

Hello folks, I'm clutching at straws here, need your help please.  I have a TR4.  My problem is that my wife now needs to use a mobility scooter.  The one we have breaks down into several parts, but it's still too big to fit into the boot.  Due to the slightly different shape of the TR6 rear end, I'm wondering if the boot is any bigger, I suspect that it will also be too small, but  as I said, I'm cluctching at straws, so would some kind owner please run a tape measure over the internals of their "6" boot and let me know.  The height is the biggest problem, width I assume will be almost identical, not sure about the front to rear size.  Thanks all. Mike.

Hi Mikey, 

I’ll give it a go…

The opening itself is: 20 1/4” X 42 1/2”  (see photo and note the latch placement and how it restricts the actual opening 

The depth at the front of the trunk is 13” and at the rear is 8”.  I have a slightly wider spare wheel which will reduce my boot volume but if you had no spare at all you could have a completely flat floor and have the dimensions of approx 14” at the front.  The inner width is 45 1/4”.  Or if the spare was removed entirely, you’d have the depth of the spare wheel well which extends the entire distance from front to back, is 27” in width and 6” deep…

The hinges will impede slightly but not too much but on the left side of my car (US Market) there is a bump out of the trim over the L/H side hinge.  See second photo.

The third pic is just an overall photo for reference (sorry the light isn’t better in my garage at the moment).  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by charlie74
Thought about the spare wheel recess.

Hi Mike,

before you go down this route and expense, might I suggest you clear everything from the TR4 boot, including spare wheel

cover board etc., You will be amazed at the depth you have, and it might just be that your good ladys scooter will fit,

then if it does we can discuss spare wheel alternatives.

John.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Charley, thanks a lot for taking the time to take photos and measurements.  Unfortunately it appears that the 6 boot is not sufficiently larger than the 4 that it warrants me changing cars.

John, emptied the boot, removed spare wheel and behold, the main body of the scooter fits.  Unfortunately, there is absolutely nowhere to stow the motor unit or the seat.  Back to square one.

Paul, you're obviously thinking out of the box.  I will investigate this further, although I do have reservations about thw weight hanging out the back.

I did have another thought, the main body of the scooter would physically fit on a bootrack.  I am concerned though about the weight which is 35lbs.  My rack is the type that bolts to brackets, which themselves are captive under the front boot hinges and at the rear it's bolted through the vertical section of the boot lid.  Any thoughts chaps?