Early TR4 Stromberg choke lever source?

I'm trying to find a supplier or breaker for the choke lever of the early CD Stromberg 175 as fitted to the TR4. Tried Burlen, carb hospital etc but its not a stock part.

Any ideas, gratefully received or has anyone repaired one? The part that has broken off is the brass outer cable holder on the other side of the lever that attaches to where the spring on this side attaches. looks to have been originally a press/peened collar.

Many thanks for taking a look.

choke.jpg

outer cable holder choke lever[1].jpg

I would have thought someone with a lathe could make you up a new one slightly oversize to enable it to be pressed in and peened over.

Stuart.

Is it supposed to swivel in the cam plate or is it fixed?  If it is supposed to be fixed, why not silver-solder it back in. 

I'd be tempted to start with a bolt of the right size, put it in a vice and use hand files to shape it for purpose, then put a small bolt through there (use a brass bolt if you want) with a hole drilled through to fit the cable.  Maybe even just putting a bolt with a nut on each side of the lever would suffice.  Or use a "shoulder bolt" which would give the diameter to drill the cable attachment hole.  Maybe I'm too much a shade tree engineer.  I made such a contraption that serves as the fresh air pivot arm for my Dodge Challenger shaker fresh air system.  I did have a small pile of rejects before I was done.

I say this after 10 minutes ago getting off a call to the Burlen folks who were very helpful in helping me find the fast idle cam spring.  It is exactly the one in your picture above, which I happen to not have.  It is only about $3 US but they want 21 UK pounds to ship it.  So I'll be buying a kit of 200 assorted springs from Amazon for $9 and trial fitting them.

If anyone happens to have that spring laying about and can ship cheaper than 21 pounds let me know!

Edited by RMP NC

Here is a good pic of it what you need and shows what I lack.  I am reminded of the O'Henry short story "The Gift of the Magi"

choke Z-S.jpg