NEC Classic Car Show

The Friday is, I believe, a Press Day, and has always been more expensive - I have always wondered why, perhaps to deter the plebs?.

However, do I really want to spend some £20 on entry plus the train fare (I wouldn't bother trying to park there) ?

It's undoubtedly a good show, but it's grown too huge, so I think it's now off my list of "things to do".

I shall be going to Kop Hill this coming weekend (25th/26th) and, even without Graham accompanying Wayne on the start line commentary, shall enjoy it immensely.  And what's more, the cars and motorbikes actually MOVE at Kop!  Occasionally, one of the really old bikes or cars may run out of puff on the steepest part of the Hill, but it's great to see them in action.  So popular has the event become that this year, after 6 years of running the Hill, the selection committee decided to give someone else a chance this time - I shall not complain as it's good to see different vehicles.  But I shall be in the Chiltern Group's display - the largest club display at this event.

Ian Cornish