Front wing fitment

Quite often that area needs leading to get that line straight to suit. But sometimes the beading will hide that, thats what it was there for in the first place. ;)

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
On 9/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, Phil Read said:

I have been trying to get my n/s front wing to fit correctly before painting. unfortunately I cannot get the gap fully close between the wing top and bulkhead., its about 2-3mm  Any tips.

tr3 wing.JPG

tr3 wing2.JPG

Your pic isn't the best but... it looks like the deck and wing flanges are touching at their lowest edges meaning; they need dressing in to increase the angles so they mate at the top.

ken

27 minutes ago, ken foster said:

Your pic isn't the best but... it looks like the deck and wing flanges are touching at their lowest edges meaning; they need dressing in to increase the angles so they mate at the top.

ken

As Ken says “dress” the lowermost wing fold edge carefully 2 or 3mm closer to the inside of the wing. Then the folded top edge of the outer wing will more easily touch the inner wing vertical edge.

Mick Richards

+1

I think this is quite a common problem because as you remove the front wing it seems to stick at this point, so pressure is put to pull the wing from the bottom and thus bends the flange. I know this is what happened when I removed my front wings.

Charlie.