Petrol leak on left hand bends....

Anyone got any idea how to prevent petrol escaping through the tank vent pipe on left hand bends? I'm getting pains in the wallet. 

I can't find anything in the search function. 

Repro fuel tank?

Mine used to pis**s on lh bends because the internal vent pipe is not installed.  Ie tank is made incorrectly.

If so I have a solution.

Blank the tank breather with a screw in plug.

Drill a vent hole in the filler cap inner metal sprung steel seal washer ( as TR4 onwards has as standard)  Check your cap as it may already have the vent hole.

This mod works fine on my car.

OK. I'll reconfigure the breather. I've already already crimped the pipe a little, but I'm thinking a one way valve.... I'll see what I can find. 

A few advantages to removing the vent, fitting a plug to its banjo tank connection and then drilling a 1/6" hole in the filler cap plate.

- No overflow on corners

- No petrol fumes in the garage and (and so safer).

- It's the light fractions "the good stuff" that vents/syphons out as the ambient temperature cycles, fuel will stay volatile longer.

- Nice bit of copper pipe to use for something else!

- Leave the hole and grommit in the boot floor, it helps it ventilate.

MJ

13 hours ago, Colin916 said:

OK. I'll reconfigure the breather. I've already already crimped the pipe a little, but I'm thinking a one way valve.... I'll see what I can find. 

Remember the tank has to vent both ways, you are not only allowing air in as the fuel is used, but on hot days you are allowing pressure out too.

Ralph

On 9/15/2021 at 6:54 AM, Ralph Whitaker said:

Remember the tank has to vent both ways, you are not only allowing air in as the fuel is used, but on hot days you are allowing pressure out too.

Ralph

Of course. Thanks Ralph