TR6 1974 BELGIUM CAR COLOR?

9 hours ago, cp25616 said:

Valencia really suits a TR6, far more than a TR5 does. Lovely that is.

Alan G

It's a question of taste, but I agree, Alan. I love this colour too.

2 hours ago, alan57 said:

Has spent most of its time in South of France - a kind climate, so still all original and unrestored. Acquired by me from first owner Capt Walter (french army) Sadly now deceased! Car still resides in Alpes-Maritimes.

P1020473.jpeg

Hi Alan! Great news! Is the white soft-top original too? I learnt it was only available on special order.

Congrats on keeping it in beautiful shape and unrestored,

William

12 hours ago, TR6_PI_1969 said:

Hi Alan! Great news! Is the white soft-top original too? I learnt it was only available on special order.

William

So far as I know - the white top is original. I have a huge bundle of invoices from day 1 and no record of it being a replacement. Capt Walter clearly had his own specification in mind - hence the colour ordered!

Edited by alan57
15 hours ago, TR6_PI_1969 said:

William

I believe white hoods have always been an option and were often fitted to US export cars.

Stuart.

13 hours ago, alan57 said:

So far as I know - the white top is original. I have a huge bundle of invoices from day 1 and no record of it being a replacement. Capt Walter clearly had his own specification in mind - hence the colour ordered!

Hi Alan, great to have so much history from day 1! Cheers

10 hours ago, stuart said:

I believe white hoods have always been an option and were often fitted to US export cars.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, thanks for the info, I didn't know about it. I saw very few TR6 with original white hood, even in books, the only one being in Bill Piggotts 'Original Triumph TR', a pimento red 1973 Pi car, superb to me with its white top.

Cheers,

William

We have quite a few copy Heritage certificates in our records of TR6 with white soft tops, both USA and PI cars, and according to the paint and trim charts the white soft top was avaialble until nearly the end of the CC and CP models. This ties in with the image in Bill's book of the Pimento Red TR6 XPO 8L which is CP76xxx  built in May 1972.

cheers

Derek