TR6 1974 BELGIUM CAR COLOR?

Malines built cars were painted with all sorts including all the colours from Triumphs range so it probably going to be a case of trying to get a panel spectrum analysed by a competent paint shop to be able to get a match.

Stuart.

Dust blueish green ? I'm far. 

If it's metallic, it's not original.

Edited by Chris59
50 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Dust blueish green ? I'm far. 

If it's metallic, it's not original.

Not necessarily, Malines would paint to special order same as Triumph would back then.

Stuart.

18 hours ago, Willy Wattele said:

Can someone identify this original 1974 TR6 color.

It is a Belgium car, made and sold in Belgium. I found the color everywhere on the car, so it must be original.20180602_170123.thumb.jpg.cbc57156bf04d60d8ab6382c7e9fbda7.jpg

I'm doing a complete body off restore, the car is almost ready for painting so I need to know the exact color code.

Thank You,

Willy

20180602_170058.thumb.jpg.2ac6263a693d71efe34058ae492d0853.jpg

I would look at Ice Blue which was never a TR color, used on Toledo, to 2.5 PI Saloons but my chart shows no trim color.

Bruce.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Not necessarily, Malines would paint to special order same as Triumph would back then.

Stuart.

You're more or less right, Stuart : they usually choose in the Triumph color chart only, no metallic paint in this factory during the TR6 assembly period.

I own (about) 30 Maline' built Triumphs, some, as one of my TR4, left the factory painted Bordeaux red, a rather unusual paint for this model, but often found on Heralds or 2000/2500 saloons.

Edited by Chris59
2 hours ago, Waldi said:

Willy,

do you have a heritage certificate?

This could (should) contain the original color code.

Groeten,
Waldi

Not available for Maline' build ckd cars ;)

Waldi,

You can get a Heritage certificate however it supplies no more information than the date the CKD was shipped from the UK, the name of the ship / shipping company, the engine number, the date the completed car left the Belgium factory and its destination.  No colour, trim or options were detailed. This information is taken from the Customs Ledgers which are held by the BMIHT and unfortunately appear to be the only information that they hold. 

cheers

Derek

Edited by saffrontr
typo

The commission plate that came with the CKD kit was left blank as far as colour and trim were concerned and the plate attached by Malines had no space for colour or trim. The only place that I have seen a colour recorded is on an original invoice and I doubt that many of those have survived. 

P1020236.JPG

Another "funny" detail about ckd built Triumphs : some left the factory without overdrive/wire wheels or any other kind of "option", but were equipped from new by the dealer.

So, some cars were fitted, for example, with an overdrive from new, but without the "O" at the end of the serial number, as they left the factory without this equipment.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, saffrontr said:

The commission plate that came with the CKD kit was left blank as far as colour and trim were concerned and the plate attached by Malines had no space for colour or trim. The only place that I have seen a colour recorded is on an original invoice and I doubt that many of those have survived. 

P1020236.JPG

This plate is for Deutschland only. These specifics plates were not attached in Maline factory but by the car importer.

Agreed Chris, my mistake I have images of the plates that were attached by most of the different European importers and so far I haven't seen any that show the paint or trim, similarly the plate that came with the CKD kit from Canley was never stamped by Malines with the paint or trim codes. 

cheers

Derek 

Chris, the only evidence that I have seen so far of a non-standard colour from Malines is on a copy Purchase Order from BL France S.A. to a French BL Dealer in Strasbourg for a 1971 model Valencia Blue TR6

cheers

Derek   

Some of my Maline' built Triumph are painted (from new) in a colour that wasn't include in the model chart, but ALL these colors are from the Triumph range chart, sometimes from another year.

Did you ever see a "bordeaux" TR4A IRS : mine was painted this colour from new, she will be fantastic once restored, and painted back to this colour :wub:

15 hours ago, saffrontr said:

Chris, the only evidence that I have seen so far of a non-standard colour from Malines is on a copy Purchase Order from BL France S.A. to a French BL Dealer in Strasbourg for a 1971 model Valencia Blue TR6

cheers

Derek   

This one. Originally delivered to a French Army officer in Strasbourg.

Screenshot_20210914-022243.png

15 hours ago, saffrontr said:

cheers

Derek   

Also here

Screenshot_20210914-023122.png