Buying a ‘71 that won’t come out of gear

Not sure about this...never owned a TR6..but car only has 66,000 miles. 

Won’t come out of gear...and owner will take $1000 off the price for the repair. 

Any thoughts, or warnings? Can I go wrong at $5000???

Car (pic below) is red, but originally was Blue. Motor completely rebuilt including Carbs, Replaced Transmissions seals, Radiator, Servo Unit(don’t even know what this is!), Master Cylinder & Water Pump...

Help!!

10D09B12-2656-4704-90CA-399826A12FA8.jpeg

As Mike above, seems OK at that price, but it is all about the metal and rust that is where the money goes.

Do not buy without getting down, under if possible, and having a really good poke at the chassis and body panels.

Don't believe what you are told  look for yourself.

Alan

8 hours ago, Joseph Pauldine said:

Not sure about this...never owned a TR6..but car only has 66,000 miles. 

Won’t come out of gear...and owner will take $1000 off the price for the repair. 

Any thoughts, or warnings? Can I go wrong at $5000???

Car (pic below) is red, but originally was Blue. Motor completely rebuilt including Carbs, Replaced Transmissions seals, Radiator, Servo Unit(don’t even know what this is!), Master Cylinder & Water Pump...

Help!!

10D09B12-2656-4704-90CA-399826A12FA8.jpeg

At that price I would do a check to make sure its actually his to sell, sounds like a scam to me.

Stuart.

Thank you all for your comments. Seller is in his mid Seventies. I believe he’s owned car since 2006. He drives a Porsche 911 & has a couple other cars. 

Due to being stuck in gear, he hasn’t started car in 3 years.(that’s not a big concern, is it?)

Also states that original seats were replaced with non-OEM style ones. Car is covered in his garage all this time. 

I will inspect undercarriage and frame for perforations & rust repair...

The Moss catalogue shows the typical area’s to look for corrosion and cracks (from fatigue) on a TR6 chassis. If you are not familiar with TR’s, getting a more knowledgeable person (maybe from this forum?) to inspect the car with you.

Waldi