Anyone recognize this non-TR tool roll?

A friend who's been involved with TRs for over fifty years gave me this from his mostly-junk stash a year or two ago.  He was pretty sure it's British and thought it might have originally been from Jaguar, but those are just guesses.  It's unmarked and doesn't quite look like any tool roll I've run into.  Does it look familiar to anyone?

i-kbwFDWh-X5.jpg

i-b525v4X-X5.jpg

i-drbv6Cf-X5.jpg

Identical item on sale, online, but with no details of origin:  https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-classic-car-tool-roll-leather-1774898637

image.thumb.png.c47bbc26cd30897e79a348e2a7cd6da1.png

Maybe the vendor can tell you more?

But it's very similar to one advertised on eBay, as "Made in USSR.    Application unknown - possibly Lada"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234041395280?hash=item367df44850:g:ueoAAOSwmDtgu5Tg

1099578806_Ladatoolroll.thumb.jpg.906d405df2e53463294c3621ca9d4eb4.jpg

John

Edited by john.r.davies

Well spotted, John!

It's gotta be from a Lada.  Your pix and others online are unmistakeable.  Lada, expecting people would be doing their own work on their simple cars, put in a fairly complete tool kit, so the size and cheap-ish construction of my tool roll make sense.

Funny thing is that Lada never distributed cars in the US, as far as I know.  Canada did get Ladas for a time in the 1980s and 1990s -- I can remember seeing Nivas once in a while in the northeast of the US and in Atlantic Canada back then.  Somehow this tool roll made it to the midwestern US...

I bought one of these, secondhand, from the Beaulieu autojumble about 10 years ago.Paid £6 for it.As I was walking back to my own stall a chap coming towards me asked if I knew what it was from, no says I, it's from a Lada says he!For me they are the most practical, reasonably priced and  'period authentic' tool roll I've seen.

I think the consensus it being Lada is pretty conclusive.

Roger M-E

There’s a lada tool roll on ebay if you want to compare

Lada tool roll

cheers

tim