Daniel Maloney

1 hour ago, Mick Forey said:

The statement on his website: "TR Match have been authorised by the TR Register to offer any purchaser a free TR Register welcome pack, that includes one year free membership to the register and all its benefits, such as technical help, club shop, forums and a full calendar of club members events." is misleading. The reality is that the club provides packs to all TR car traders, so that when they sell a car the new owner gets the benefit of one year's free club membership. We have been doing this for a very long time and it works well and will continue to do it.

His statement implies that he is somehow an authorised dealer, there is no such thing.

Mick

Then can the management please explain that to him in no uncertain terms and give him warning about his treatment of potential customers as the register shouldnt be seen to be condoning this.

Stuart.

If he is using the term authorised by the TR  Register as a sales ploy, which he obviously is, then he needs to be stopped from using that term at the very least. As a) its misleading to potential customers and b) it's disadvantaging all the good traders and suppliers who support the Register.

Furthermore would anyone join a club that supports a trader who operates in this manner, because I wouldn't. Wherever I bought my TR from

Brian

1 hour ago, brian -r said:

If he is using the term authorised by the TR  Register as a sales ploy, which he obviously is, then he needs to be stopped from using that term at the very least. As a) its misleading to potential customers and b) it's disadvantaging all the good traders and suppliers who support the Register.

Furthermore would anyone join a club that supports a trader who operates in this manner, because I wouldn't. Wherever I bought my TR from

Brian

+1

I have had a few members contact me who have had, shall we say, less than ideal dealings with him.  The last MT response was in my view a cop out and they need to review this matter again.

Mike

Hi all

Copied below is an email I received just before 8am on 31st August after I enquired about a wanted advert placed in the classified section of this website, - nothing is edited: the email address of the sender was demahoney4@googlemail.com and the title ‘Nickplays’ came up on the header;

”Good Morning Tony,

The person I placed the advert for as a favour has found his own example now, so I really should take that advert down, so sorry about that.

I wonder if you may be interested in using my service though, as I match TRs with enthusiasts, and enthusiasts with cars.

I am with the TR register, and have been profiled in their bi-monthly magazine , TRaction, and the monthly newsletter.

Essentially, I load all information and pictures of cars to my website and take enquiries.

I filter out wheeler dealers, joy riders, time wasters before passing them on to the owners.

Owners in turn will only receive enthusiast who have a genuine intent to purchase on viewing.

I use my extensive contacts list and, as a member of several classic car clubs, anyone else that may have something to sell or are interested in purchasing a good TR.

I study the market each day, and am well aware of TR values in relation to their condition and provenance.

My fee of £500 is the cheapest in the UK, as I believe the advantage should be with the owners and genuine purchasers , and not the above mentioned characters in the buying and selling process.

I do have people on my books looking for a good car, and good cars requiring buyers, so if interested please get back.
Regards
Daniel
Tr-match.co.uk”

I received a further chaser a day later, which simply read,

- No further interest ?.

Im not impressed at all and given the post at the start of the thread, this isn’t someone I’d choose to transact with. I think the Club need to think very carefully about how they deal with this …. And they really do need to deal with this.

regards

Tony 

30 minutes ago, TR4Tony VC said:

Hi all

Copied below is an email I received just before 8am on 31st August after I enquired about a wanted advert placed in the classified section of this website, - nothing is edited: the email address of the sender was demahoney4@googlemail.com and the title ‘Nickplays’ came up on the header;

”Good Morning Tony,

The person I placed the advert for as a favour has found his own example now, so I really should take that advert down, so sorry about that.

I wonder if you may be interested in using my service though, as I match TRs with enthusiasts, and enthusiasts with cars.

I am with the TR register, and have been profiled in their bi-monthly magazine , TRaction, and the monthly newsletter.

Essentially, I load all information and pictures of cars to my website and take enquiries.

I filter out wheeler dealers, joy riders, time wasters before passing them on to the owners.

Owners in turn will only receive enthusiast who have a genuine intent to purchase on viewing.

I use my extensive contacts list and, as a member of several classic car clubs, anyone else that may have something to sell or are interested in purchasing a good TR.

I study the market each day, and am well aware of TR values in relation to their condition and provenance.

My fee of £500 is the cheapest in the UK, as I believe the advantage should be with the owners and genuine purchasers , and not the above mentioned characters in the buying and selling process.

I do have people on my books looking for a good car, and good cars requiring buyers, so if interested please get back.
Regards
Daniel
Tr-match.co.uk”

I received a further chaser a day later, which simply read,

- No further interest ?.

Im not impressed at all and given the post at the start of the thread, this isn’t someone I’d choose to transact with. I think the Club need to think very carefully about how they deal with this …. And they really do need to deal with this.

regards

Tony 

So his fee has gone up to £500 now, is that just to put you in touch? That seems a rip off to me.

Stuart.

23 hours ago, RobH said:

It works OK for me on a laptop.  Perhaps it is the mobile version that doesn't?

( For those who don't know, the setting is in notifications (click on the bell) - there is a gear symbol at the top which is the settings menu. )

Been there tried that still doesnt work and thats on Firefox on PC. Wayne couldnt fix it before so Ive given up on it.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Hi Stuart

That was how I read it, fee up front to either find you a car or sell you a car. No guarantees or comebacks I presume ?

Ive no problem with bona fide dealers advertising in club media because they are exactly that (and they presumably pay for and support the club in doing so) or fellow members buying cars, sorting them out and selling them later, but this feels fairly surreptitious at least and seems like someone mining the classifieds.

It also feels misrepresentative but I’ll be guided by someone who knows more about that aspect and what permissions our Chairman has issued in this case. I definitely did not expect to get that email attempting yo sell me a service.

Regards

Tony

10 hours ago, mike ellis said:

TR Register Classifieds 15/8/21

TR2 or 3 wanted - send enquiry to DEM    Private listing.

Connection to this thread?

Yes definitely looks like it, time something was done or arent the Management bothered?

Stuart.

With few exceptions, Stuart, the "Management" don't read this board, that is the Window on the World for the TR Register.

Send an email to the TR Office, office@tr-register.co.uk

John

I have sent emails to the Chairman and to the Finance Director, asking that action be taken and that there should be feedback here.

Ian Cornish

2 hours ago, ianc said:

I have sent emails to the Chairman and to the Finance Director, asking that action be taken and that there should be feedback here.

Ian Cornish

Thank you Ian well done

Stuart.

We have not at any time profiled a business called "TR Match" either in TR Action or our e-Newsletters. 

We have a club member that matches that name and also someone of that name who pays a trade fee for their classified adverts online. At present that is as far as the association with TR Register goes - for the avoidance of doubt. 

For those who missed it, Mick Forey made the following very clear: 

The statement on his website: "TR Match have been authorised by the TR Register to offer any purchaser a free TR Register welcome pack, that includes one year free membership to the register and all its benefits, such as technical help, club shop, forums and a full calendar of club members events." is misleading. The reality is that the club provides packs to all TR car traders, so that when they sell a car the new owner gets the benefit of one year's free club membership. We have been doing this for a very long time and it works well and will continue to do it.

There is no such thing as an authorised dealer. 

Ian Cornish has raised his concerns with the management team who will investigate. We have not received any formal complaints about the aforementioned individual or business from his customers, except for being directed to the email copied on to this top of thread, which would appear to be offering unsatisfactory customer service / relations. 

That's how things stand currently by means of an update for those concerned, either myself or one of the MT will update further in due course. 

We have a club member that matches that name and also someone of that name who pays a trade fee for their classified adverts online. At present that is as far as the association with TR Register goes - for the avoidance of doubt.  
A quote from Wayne’s above post.

Yet the actual advert clearly states that it is “Private”.     I emailed the office a couple of days ago pointing this out.

I think that now the MT are on the case, we should leave them to ask the pertinent questions, and

adjudicate accordingly, so with the promise that we will show there decision here, for the time being

this thread is locked.

John