Daniel Maloney

RE; DANIEL MALONEY.I've never posted on this forum before but feel compelled to share my experience with a car salesman called Daniel Maloney from TR Match.He's selling a fabulous TR4 in red.It's a really lovely car that has been beautifully restored.I emailed Daniel 2 days ago to enquire about the car and asked if the owner might accept a lower price.Daniel responded. I spent yesterday in the Conquest hospital in Hastings as I have a heart condition and there were complications.As a result I didn't look at my phone or make any calls.I had plenty of time to think about the classic cars I've been considering buying and decided to proceed with viewing the TR 4 Daniel is trying to sell.I got home late last night and this morning opened my emails.To my shock and surprise I've received an email from Daniel telling me that he was going to "blacklist" me in the TR community as I hadn't responded to his email within 24 hours.I'm 63 and I've owned over 100 classic cars in the past 40 years.I have several now including a 1961 Bentley S2 Continental DHC by Park Ward.The idea that a salesman aggressively, arrogantly threatens to blacklist someone who hasn't responded to an email within 24 hours is unheard of in my experience.I've never been blacklisted as I'm as serious buyer.I've dealt with lots of dealers over the years but have never experienced behaviour like this.Due solely to Daniel's email I won't be viewing the TR.My experience has left me feeling upset and sad as I was keen on the car in question.I'm nearing retirement and I have a bucket list of cars I'm keen to buy.A TR4 is at the top of my list.

TR Match currently has only one car for sale on their website (which speaks volumes)

Interestingly I wrote to explain my position regarding the day in hospital to Daniel and this is the last line of his response...

"I would appreciate if you could not respond to any of my adverts in the future."

Words fail me...

Edited by John Carver

It seems to me that Daniel Maloney is the one who should be blacklisted within the TR community.

I have never heard of the man, or TR Match, where does he do business from, is he a sole trader or does he work for a company, if so his boss should be told of his attitude problem.

Ralph

Just looked him up, and he sells himself as a middle man so that sellers don`t have to waste time with dealers, time wasters etc.  So that`s his job, even if you were a "time waster", which I am sure you are not, he has lost that vendor a potential sale, and I am sure a handsome profit he was hoping to make. Also infers he has some connection with the TR Register, being "authorised" to give out welcome packs and a years free membership with every car sold. Is this true? he is working under the authority of the TR Register?

Ralph

All very strange John but In think you should 'chill' a bit, to use the modern expression. How on earth do you think that rather odd-sounding chap can do what he says; this isn't the mafia and I also have never heard of that outfit or that name before. 

Just take your business somewhere else - there are plenty of other TRs out there for sale. 

15 minutes ago, RobH said:

All very strange John but In think you should 'chill' a bit, to use the modern expression. How on earth do you think that rather odd-sounding chap can do what he says; this isn't the mafia and I also have never heard of that outfit or that name before. 

Just take your business somewhere else - there are plenty of other TRs out there for sale. 

I could not agree more..... sound advice 

Andy 

And I repeat……

When I joined the motor trade years ago an old lag told me.  
“There are two types of people in the motor trade. Liars and wankers. If you are not one you are definitely the other”

36 minutes ago, RobH said:

Totally Agree, Please do not let this guy upset you at all?

John.

I think weve been here before, there have been complaints to the office about his aggressive sales techniques and him purporting to be register approved, I thought he had been warned off but obviously not. The office need to step up about this person. Wayne et al down to you.

Stuart.

It was "Daniel Mahoney"   who upset members before: 

That thread was concluded by an 'ex cathedra' statement from John Morrison, and Wayne Scott, who then locked the thread.

JOhn

John - have sent you a PM ( Personal Message) - go to the envelope icon on the top RH corner of a forum page which is your forum mailbox - if you have an unopened message, there will be a little red flag showing =click on it and you will be in your forum mailbox

Cheers Rich

In that case its probably time his membership was rescinded and he should be prevented from advertising on here, what does everyone else think?

Stuart.

Seems this chap has been up to these tricks for a while.

Maybe it`s just me, but the fact he states he is "Authorised" by the TR Register seems a deliberate ploy to mislead potential customers that he is operating with the approval of the club and I think at the very least this needs to be rectified some how.

Ralph

So what does this mean?   Perhaps the company owner is a friend of someone on the committee and has struck up a good membership purchase deal.   Bit like the Moss system of paying your subs when you spend a certain amount in a year.

TR Match have been authorised by the TR Register to offer any purchaser a free TR Register welcome pack, that includes one year free membership to the register and all its benefits, such as technical help, club shop, forums and a full calendar of club members events.

from the company web page.   https://www.tr-match.co.uk/about-tr-match

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

A bit of an oddity is that his contact details are only a “gmail.com” email address and “Bristol”.

Not very professional in my eyes.

He helpfully shows a map of Bristol underneath, with a red blob that would normally signify an office or business premises, but in this case just refers to the center of Bristol.

Seems he wants to keep a low profile.

3 hours ago, rcreweread said:

John - have sent you a PM ( Personal Message) - go to the envelope icon on the top RH corner of a forum page which is your forum mailbox - if you have an unopened message, there will be a little red flag showing =click on it and you will be in your forum mailbox

Cheers Rich

I do know how to read PMs, Rich, but thanks for telling me to look,b which I often forget to do!    So this time, I've just looked, and there ain't no message from you!  Try again?

John

5 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

I do know how to read PMs, Rich, but thanks for telling me to look,b which I often forget to do!    So this time, I've just looked, and there ain't no message from you!  Try again?

John

John -my PM was to “John” the original poster - sorry for the confusion.

Incidentally you can put a setting on your forum mailbox to automatically send you an email notifying you when you receive a PM so you will always know when you get one

Cheers Rich 

23 minutes ago, rcreweread said:

Incidentally you can put a setting on your forum mailbox to automatically send you an email notifying you when you receive a PM so you will always know when you get one

Cheers Rich 

Well you can try but I havent been able to get email notifications since a forum upgrade about five years ago!

Stuart.

It works OK for me on a laptop.  Perhaps it is the mobile version that doesn't?

( For those who don't know, the setting is in notifications (click on the bell) - there is a gear symbol at the top which is the settings menu. )

2 hours ago, rcreweread said:

John -my PM was to “John” the original poster - sorry for the confusion.

Cheers Rich 

Ah!  To misquote Her Majesty, Ms Dench, as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth I, "Have a care with my name, you will wear it out!"

John used to be the commonest first name in the UK, certainly at my birth and probably that of the 'other' John.    So it behoves you, Rich, when you post to one John, just to follow a post by another, to address your PMs more accurately!

The other 'other' John!

Edited by john.r.davies
11 hours ago, John Carver said:

RE; DANIEL MALONEY.I've never posted on this forum before but feel compelled to share my experience with a car salesman called Daniel Maloney from TR Match.He's selling a fabulous TR4 in red.It's a really lovely car that has been beautifully restored.I emailed Daniel 2 days ago to enquire about the car and asked if the owner might accept a lower price.Daniel responded. I spent yesterday in the Conquest hospital in Hastings as I have heart condition and there were complications.As a result I didn't look at my phone or make any calls.I had plenty of time to think about the classic cars I've been considering buying and decided to proceed with viewing the TR 4 Daniel is trying to sell.I got home late last night and this morning opened my emails.To my shock and surprise I've received an email from Daniel telling me that he was going to "blacklist" me in the TR community as I hadn't responded to his email within 24 hours.I'm 63 and I've owned over 100 classic cars in the past 40 years.I have several now including a 1961 Bentley S2 Continental DHC by Park Ward.The idea that a salesman aggressively, arrogantly threatens to blacklist someone who hasn't responded to an email within 24 hours is unheard of in my experience.I've never been blacklisted as I'm as serious buyer.I've dealt with lots of dealers over the years but have never experienced behaviour like this.Due solely to Daniel's email I won't be viewing the TR.For all I know Daniel Maloney is an excellent chap with a great reputation who is an authority on TR's.My experience has left me feeling upset and sad as I was keen on the car in question.I'm nearing retirement and I have a bucket list of cars I'm keen to buy.A TR4 is at the top of my list.

TR Match currently has only one car for sale on their website (which speaks volumes)

Interestingly I wrote to explain my position regarding the day in hospital to Daniel and this is the last line of his response...

"I would appreciate if you could not respond to any of my adverts in the future."

Words fail me...

We should “blacklist” this dealer out of the TR Register!

On 9/4/2021 at 8:53 AM, John Carver said:

RE; DANIEL MALONEY.I've never posted on this forum before but feel compelled to share my experience with a car salesman called Daniel Maloney from TR Match.He's selling a fabulous TR4 in red.It's a really lovely car that has been beautifully restored.I emailed Daniel 2 days ago to enquire about the car and asked if the owner might accept a lower price.Daniel responded. I spent yesterday in the Conquest hospital in Hastings as I have heart condition and there were complications.As a result I didn't look at my phone or make any calls.I had plenty of time to think about the classic cars I've been considering buying and decided to proceed with viewing the TR 4 Daniel is trying to sell.I got home late last night and this morning opened my emails.To my shock and surprise I've received an email from Daniel telling me that he was going to "blacklist" me in the TR community as I hadn't responded to his email within 24 hours.I'm 63 and I've owned over 100 classic cars in the past 40 years.I have several now including a 1961 Bentley S2 Continental DHC by Park Ward.The idea that a salesman aggressively, arrogantly threatens to blacklist someone who hasn't responded to an email within 24 hours is unheard of in my experience.I've never been blacklisted as I'm as serious buyer.I've dealt with lots of dealers over the years but have never experienced behaviour like this.Due solely to Daniel's email I won't be viewing the TR.For all I know Daniel Maloney is an excellent chap with a great reputation who is an authority on TR's.My experience has left me feeling upset and sad as I was keen on the car in question.I'm nearing retirement and I have a bucket list of cars I'm keen to buy.A TR4 is at the top of my list.

Words fail me...

Hello john.

You have a PM, click on the small envelope at the Top Right of the page.

John.

The statement on his website: "TR Match have been authorised by the TR Register to offer any purchaser a free TR Register welcome pack, that includes one year free membership to the register and all its benefits, such as technical help, club shop, forums and a full calendar of club members events." is misleading. The reality is that the club provides packs to all TR car traders, so that when they sell a car the new owner gets the benefit of one year's free club membership. We have been doing this for a very long time and it works well and will continue to do it.

His statement implies that he is somehow an authorised dealer, there is no such thing.

Mick