Fitting discs to a TR2

Following on from another thread I am now considering fitting disc to the front of my daily driver TR2. I'm happy with the drums, obviously as they have been there for the 46 years I've owned the car. But I need to look at the options.

A couple of limitations I need to adhere to; no structural changes or modifications to vertical inks or other parts due to the car inspection requirements we have; and I want to avoid a brake booster.

Talking to a mate who fitted TR4 discs and didn't add a booster, and another comment somewhere in this forum about fitting TR6 discs, are these suitable options. 

Are all the later TR disc brakes a bolt on mod? 

Will later TR disc brakes need the master cylinder changed to match? I know some TR2s here have 3A/4 discs with the TR2 master cylinder and have reported no problems with the braking.

I believe the 3A discs will require higher pedal pressures which later TR4-6 discs may not. Any comments?

Cheers John

In the 1960s, my TR2 had been fitted with TR3 discs (one of the reasons why I bought it).

It used the original TR2 (Lockheed) master cylinder and had no brake booster.  It seemed to require no higher pedal pressure than than my previous drum-braked, TR2.

However, it eliminated brake fade - however hard I braked!

Someone else will be able to advise as to whether any adaptations are required at the bundy to flexible connection, and the positioning of the bracket on the chassis at that point.

Ian Cornish