Can someone please post a link to a guide to what we need to change (TR3) to cope with E10? Someone must have produced one.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, timhum said:

Probably less fuss and less expensive to buy 97/99 octane fuel which remains E5

Tim

I'm going to stay with 'super unleaded', either Shell V Power or Tesco Momentum. Both are 99 octane and maximum 5% bioethanol. The higher octane rating suits our engines, which were intended to run on leaded 4 star.

For the mileages covered, I feel the extra cost of super unleaded is acceptable (especially the Tesco version).

Nigel

1 hour ago, Nigel Triumph said:

I'm going to stay with 'super unleaded', either Shell V Power or Tesco Momentum. Both are 99 octane and maximum 5% bioethanol. The higher octane rating suits our engines, which were intended to run on leaded 4 star.

For the mileages covered, I feel the extra cost of super unleaded is acceptable (especially the Tesco version).

Nigel

me too the super type seem to be nil or low E

2 hours ago, Lebro said:

Esso 99 octane is 0% ethanol at present

Bob

Not necessarily there are regional variations, see comments on Esso site below. But the bottom line is that E5 won’t do any damage,

Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps..

North London Group went through this a while back. Basically two areas of concern, rubber Fuel lines links (inc fuel pump seals) and the carb seals. Fuel hoses start to break up internally and the fuel filler neck to tank hose is really at risk if you brim your tank as I used too. Photo of my fuel pump filter stripped down, full of dissolved rubber 

I replaced every piece of rubber hose in the fuel lines with R9 rated (ethanol proof) rubber fuel hose, fitted a modern fuel pump and Webers which are rated. Think rebuilt SU have modern seals now

Of these, the fuel line is, IMHO, the most important, especially those by the tank, 'out of sight, out of mind' 

E5 was eating our rubber lines, E10 will be much worse. Can't recommend doing nothing, and hoping for Esso or E5. Occasionally you'll have no choice.............. especially abroad

Act now, don't wait................

R7 Vs R9.jpg

20150831_181212_002-1_resized.jpg

SAE J30 R9 fuel line.jpg

Thanks guys. Perhaps I should have added that although I was briefly a member of North London my TR now lives in France (not far from Angouleme) so some of the Super stuff referred to above is not available. Filled up with E5 last week the only other option was E10 and of course Diesel which they love. Will look at replacing all the rubber pipes next year when I return.

Ian

Trevor & Des 2.jpg