Camshaft bearings

When anyone has fitted these have they found that with the retaining bolt hole perfectly lined up the oil ways to the main bearings is about 1/4 hole out with the corresponding small hole in the bearing? 

Chris

Using  a homemade puller it is hard work to remove and replace bearings and usually have a couple of pull throughs to get into the right place

Interesting that after this engine the locator bolts were dropped

It is such hard work to get them in that it is difficult to imagine them moving thereafter

The most important one to get right is the one to the head/rocker shaft lubrication

Michael

Chris,

Compare the old cam bearings with the new ones. I've never had a set that are not correct.

Couple of tips, in the block use a small rule or straight edge and using a pointy fibre tip scribe a line through the centre of the hole in the block running at 90 deg to the bearing edge. Then do the same on the outside of the bearing surface around the bearing and the inside surfaces again through the hole centre until it meets together. I find it helps greatly lining up the bearing hole to the block hole before pulling the bearings in.

Mick Richards 

Thanks for all the replies Ive cut an old bearing so the it will slide in the journal easier and orientated to get the best result for lining up bearing and marked with felt pen two lines to help with fitting so hopefully I can obtain a better fit

Chris