Advise and recommendations wanted, just got my 6 on the road and the vibrations in the driveline are horrendously shocking.

Purchased a kit of 6 from one of our suppliers not sure who was quite a few years ago. I have found three to have excess play.

looking for recommendations for good quality uj’s , don’t want to be doing this again so looking to change all six.

thanks Mark.

Hi,

I bought the ones from Roger's advice via eBay some years ago (2015),

this are the stronger ones, bigger and longer bolts and more needles, for this the "mugs" are different.

From outside you notice they have a stainless steel cap, standard UJs have rubber caps.

Good luck.

Ciao, Marco

So these TVC100010gx UJs are listed as Land Rover ones. A few months ago I researched part numbers and all theses appear to be the same size:

GUJ102, GUJ102Z, GUJ103, GUJ107, GUJ113

GUJ116 and GUJ116HD (heavy duty) or UR (Uprated)

RTC3291, RTC3458, RTC4587

HS195

So are they all the same at least in terms of fitting a TR6? Curiously the Land Rover codes did not appear to be listed for TR6s and vice versa.

If so, I also found out that those listed for Land Rovers tended to quite significantly cheaper than those listed for TR6s.

Do I thus assume one can definately use the Land Rover UJs on a TR6?

Mark - have sent you a PM as I have a small stock of genuine GKN UJ's with a grease nipple - these are OE quality but not the extra heavy duty ones.

At less than half the typical price of the heavy duty ones, they are a good compromise.

Richard  - I think the answer to your question is basically yes - the "larger" size referred to by others in the context of the uprated UJs refers to the size of the journals and roller pins within the cups, but the external size of the cups and overall size of the UJ is the same.

Hope this helps

Cheers Rich

Hi Richard,

all you must know to be shure is the dimension of the UJs, in this case 75 mm (wide) x d = 27 mm (diameter of the cap).

With some luck you can buy it from different producers, for example GKN, Handy Spicer, Löbro, and others, please see next photo :lol:

I have a pair of AKK (Turkey) on the inside of my drive shafts in lovely condition, this is why I have a pair of GKN left over...

-2FZbFumv1S6oEP3wFkcx676nTNyB8Fzo3k4Bwjb

TVC100010G seems to me to be the Landrover number, GKN number is U3/803246, other producers have different ones for the H/D U/J.

What maybe is intersting (and simple) - the diff is a gearbox (!) and because of that a torque transformer!

Ingoing: high revs x low torque - standard UJs shure are good enough (propshaft).

Outgoing: low revs x high torque - HD UJs may be a good choice (driveshafts).

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

I realise I left off of my list the GKN number - thanks.

So the conclusion seems to be one can choose from any of these codes (I've added a couple from above list).

TVC100010gx

GUJ102, GUJ102G, GUJ102P, GUJ102Z, GUJ103, GUJ107, GUJ113

GUJ116 and GUJ116HD (heavy duty) or UR (Uprated)

RTC3291, RTC3458, RTC4587

HS195

GKN U3/803246

QL403

One point I noticed in my research was that some are given a 75mm x 27mm and others are given as 74.6mm x 26.97mm. I guess they are the same from a description point of view.

I also mention that prices do vary a lot.

Please show what you put out of your drive shafts.

You will notice it is only (and always the same) about some more of 1/4 of the surface of each bolt and each cap that bears the forces and is worn.

Edited by Z320