Gear knob TR2-3B ( not TR2 with split stick)

Was this always the small rubber thing?   Parts book seems to think so.

Someone’s  just asked me for a round Bakelite one as fitted to a TR4-6 but with the bigger fine thread to fit a sidescreen TR short straight gearstick.

Just created one using one of the NOS UK remade TR 4-6 Bakelite knobs I have. (131246)

Comments please as to what you have fitted, especially TR3B owners.   

Cheers

Peter W

image of the Bakelite and a rubber knob below.

3492429F-54BE-4FBA-836D-FAA88AD53B4F.jpeg

My TR3B didn't have its original knob when I got it, alas.  In my photo archive of unrestored TR3Bs, I have one with its original shift knob.  Amco musta sold a lotta walnut shift knobs...

Here's the shift knob on TCF52L:

i-WmffgrV.jpg

It now has one of the modern rubber reproductions (TRF).  Here's that knob shown next to an original, and probably TR2-early TR3 era composition knob.

i-HZZGffj-X5.jpg

i-RZdG7PR-X5.jpg

Here are what I believe to be two later original rubber sidescreen shift knobs alongside one of the earlier composition knobs.  Note the slight difference in typeface and spacing between the NOS rubber knobs and the reproduction.

i-DDSqDQB-X5.jpg