Back from the paint shop today, brilliant paint job, now to complete.

769172F8-D784-4459-9725-CADAD1376BD2.heic

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 8:52 PM, Paul J said:

Back from the paint shop today, brilliant paint job, now to complete.

769172F8-D784-4459-9725-CADAD1376BD2.heic 2.35 MB · 100 downloads

Congrats! I would love to see it, but cannot open the file. Is there any way you can save it differently, so that I can, please, Paul?

9 hours ago, DavidBee said:

Congrats! I would love to see it, but cannot open the file. Is there any way you can save it differently, so that I can, please, Paul?

Me too, wants me to buy a new app to view it.

Ralph

Tried always and you have to open it with Firefox and then it should open as a picture.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
On 9/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, markaluge said:

Hi Paul, looks to be a very nice paint job; can I ask how much it set you back?

Mark

Sorry Mark only just picked this up, the owner is paying direct for the paint work, I did all the undersides, tub insides, engine bay and boot areas. I would think about £5k.

Paul

Hope this works Ralph and Dave

769172F8-D784-4459-9725-CADAD1376BD2.jpeg.73831095a1edd3e59669be91d5c78223.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

11 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hope this works Ralph and Dave

769172F8-D784-4459-9725-CADAD1376BD2.jpeg.73831095a1edd3e59669be91d5c78223.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

Thanks so much, Paul. It always amazes me to see restored cars emerge triumphantly from rust, misuse, old age, neglect, whatever.

I will never get used to that feeling of seeing a TR come back together. Well done (imagine a fitting round of applause)

Ciao,

David

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, Paul J said:

Sorry Mark only just picked this up, the owner is paying direct for the paint work, I did all the undersides, tub insides, engine bay and boot areas. I would think about £5k.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I have taken the plunge and have decided to give it a go myself. What could possibly go wrong? Worse case scenario is the cost of paint etc and many hours taking back off. 

• 4 weeks later...

Now completed with a new MOT, now needing its new reg plates.

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

That is a really nice car, understated but beautifully completed. You are on a roll Paul, which other model takes your fancy for a restoration. ?

Mick Richards

14 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

That is a really nice car, understated but beautifully completed. You are on a roll Paul, which other model takes your fancy for a restoration. ?

Mick Richards

Not sure at the moment Mick, maybe take a few weeks to consider a few things, this one leaves me in the week, I enjoy the work it keeps the brain going and me active. 

Paul

3 hours ago, Tony_C said:

Superb Paul, did you also do the trim? Quality… Just out of curiosity, is that a grommet in front of the driver side screen, was it a aerial or, what?

Hi Tony, I had a local upholsterer to do the seats while I did the rest and yes unfortunately it was an oversight on my part when restoring the tub I had forgotten the Ariel hole, thought about fitting a retractable Ariel but it would interfere with leg room. Unfortunately I had to live with a Grommet as the paint work had been done. Always learning!!

Owner collected today

Paul

IMG_0786 2.jpeg