Ex UK TR2 for sale in Australia

17 hours ago, Teher said:

Servo ? 

What for ? 

A muscular thigh is enough ! :D

I've never found pedal pressure an issue. However, a 3A driving mate did when he got into my TR2. After 46 years driving them you do get acclimatised.

14 hours ago, Chris Mountford said:

Hi all,

If its UK registration was TTT 257 I have access to photos of it (it belonged to a friend).

I don't think my friend will have access to the TS number to positively confirm it's the same car

I'm sure it was painted Black when I last saw it - if it is the same car of course.

Chris

That would be great if you could access the photos and maybe scan them. Now the car is here we would like to obtain its history for the benefit of the new and future owners. Photos might also confirm the car's provenance if there are unique features remaining on it.

Thank you Chris

Hi John,

I now have a copy of a photo of the car and owner in (probably) the late 80's driving the car. It was taken on the A34 between Congleton and Stoke on Trent.

I won't post the owners name on here : Message me for it if it will assist. The owner bought and sold it in the condition you see it in the photos 

I have confirmed that it was black when I last saw it - it always looked very smart and apparently in good condition. It had the red trim but it wore chrome spoked wheels at the time. If it's the same car it seems an almighty task to completely change the colour, although I noticed that the last time it was taxed and tested in the UK it was listed as 'Green' with the DVLA which suggests the colour change was done prior to export. The photo shows it had the chrome trim around the air intake.

According to the DVLA the road tax expired in January 2003 so that might give some idea of when it was exported, probably within the previous 12 months.

I'll see what else I can find out. It's up to you guys to decide, but either way..... this is TTT 257 as it looked in the late 80's !

Chris

579491798_DougTR2_01(1).thumb.jpg.26f47a490b9227dcdb338c1feea5f496.jpg

4 hours ago, Chris Mountford said:

Hi John,

I now have a copy of a photo of the car and owner in (probably) the late 80's driving the car. It was taken on the A34 between Congleton and Stoke on Trent.

I won't post the owners name on here : Message me for it if it will assist. The owner bought and sold it in the condition you see it in the photos 

I have confirmed that it was black when I last saw it - it always looked very smart and apparently in good condition. It had the red trim but it wore chrome spoked wheels at the time. If it's the same car it seems an almighty task to completely change the colour, although I noticed that the last time it was taxed and tested in the UK it was listed as 'Green' with the DVLA which suggests the colour change was done prior to export. The photo shows it had the chrome trim around the air intake.

According to the DVLA the road tax expired in January 2003 so that might give some idea of when it was exported, probably within the previous 12 months.

I'll see what else I can find out. It's up to you guys to decide, but either way..... this is TTT 257 as it looked in the late 80's !

Chris

579491798_DougTR2_01(1).thumb.jpg.26f47a490b9227dcdb338c1feea5f496.jpg

Thanks Chris. That is excellent. I've forwarded your post to our historian who will try to get it to the new owner after the auction. Cheers John

• 2 weeks later...

Sold for $57,000 plus commission, about $60,000 all up. Approx 30,000pds. A seemingly high price for a car in that condition but not altogether unexpected.

We have a TR Register brochure with the car and hopefully the new proud owner will contact us and join. We have some of the car's history which will be valuable with the car.

Hi John,

Great news. 

Lets hope the new owner wants to find out more about its history.

Chris